Subject: Re: Will there be an IMAP Extension WG at the Chicago IETF?
From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike Gahrns (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "Mark Pustilnik (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 00:23:06 -0400

> I could not find an imap extensions working listed on the chicago agenda.
> 
> The IETF web site says that working group scheduling closes August 3 at
> 17:00 ET.  Is an IMAP Extension WG still planned for chicago?

Yes, we do have a slot reserved.  It's just that the secretariat won't 
list any BOFs in the schedule until they have

1. a chairperson
2. a description
3. a preliminary agenda

So somebody needs to send these for imapext to [email-masked]

I didn't find this out until today, and my email has been down all
day, which is why you're just now hearing about it.

Keith

From: "Mike Gahrns (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "Mark Pustilnik (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Will there be an IMAP Extension WG at the Chicago IETF?
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:33:20 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]

I could not find an imap extensions working listed on the chicago agenda.

The IETF web site says that working group scheduling closes August 3 at
17:00 ET.  Is an IMAP Extension WG still planned for chicago?

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 1998 10:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FROM THE CHAIR: Introduction to ietf-imapext

The [email-masked] mailing list is now accepting submissions.

I will be the chair of the imapext BOF at the August 98 IETF.  Since I
will probably be a document editor for the imapext WG (should it form),
the chair of the WG will likely be someone else.

Messages I send to the list in the role of BOF chair will have the
prefix "FROM THE CHAIR" in the Subject:.  All other messages I send to
the list are in my role as individual contributor.

The first task of this mailing list is to discuss the need and scope of
a possible imapext Working Group and to propose a charter for such a
group.  At this time, discussion of proposed IMAP extensions is only
appropriate insofar as it is relevant to defining the need, scope, and
charter of this proposed Working Group.  Detailed debate about any
contentious issues in proposed extensions is inappropriate at this
time--it will become appropriate only after we have rough consensus on a
charter.

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike Gahrns (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "Mark Pustilnik (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Will there be an IMAP Extension WG at the Chicago IETF? 
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 00:23:06 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

> I could not find an imap extensions working listed on the chicago agenda.
> 
> The IETF web site says that working group scheduling closes August 3 at
> 17:00 ET.  Is an IMAP Extension WG still planned for chicago?

Yes, we do have a slot reserved.  It's just that the secretariat won't 
list any BOFs in the schedule until they have

1. a chairperson
2. a description
3. a preliminary agenda

So somebody needs to send these for imapext to [email-masked]

I didn't find this out until today, and my email has been down all
day, which is why you're just now hearing about it.

Keith

From: "Mike Gahrns (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "Mark Pustilnik (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Will there be an IMAP Extension WG at the Chicago IETF?
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:33:20 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]

I could not find an imap extensions working listed on the chicago agenda.

The IETF web site says that working group scheduling closes August 3 at
17:00 ET.  Is an IMAP Extension WG still planned for chicago?

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 1998 10:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FROM THE CHAIR: Introduction to ietf-imapext

The [email-masked] mailing list is now accepting submissions.

I will be the chair of the imapext BOF at the August 98 IETF.  Since I
will probably be a document editor for the imapext WG (should it form),
the chair of the WG will likely be someone else.

Messages I send to the list in the role of BOF chair will have the
prefix "FROM THE CHAIR" in the Subject:.  All other messages I send to
the list are in my role as individual contributor.

The first task of this mailing list is to discuss the need and scope of
a possible imapext Working Group and to propose a charter for such a
group.  At this time, discussion of proposed IMAP extensions is only
appropriate insofar as it is relevant to defining the need, scope, and
charter of this proposed Working Group.  Detailed debate about any
contentious issues in proposed extensions is inappropriate at this
time--it will become appropriate only after we have rough consensus on a
charter.