Subject: [imapext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-imapmove-command-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:47:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IMAP MOVE extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - MOVE Extension
	Author(s)       : Arnt Gulbrandsen
                          Ned Freed
	Filename        : draft-ietf-imapmove-command-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-11-21

Abstract:
   This document defines an IMAP extension consisting of two new
   commands, MOVE and UID MOVE, that are used to move messages from one
   mailbox to another.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapmove-command

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-imapmove-command-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-imapmove-command-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 02:59:18 +0200

> Note that the server may send unrelated EXPUNGE messages as well,

EXPUNGEs aren't "messages". Other than that, I'm happy.

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:14:14 -0800 (PST)

> EXPUNGEs aren't "messages". Other than that, I'm happy.

Yep, and that error appears in several different places. I'll change them to
"responses" in the next update. There's also a "for" that should be an "or".

Nice catch.

				Ned

---

From: Michael M Slusarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:28:18 -0700

The QRESYNC language that was changed since -02 (Section 4.4) is still  
a bit funky:

    The QRESYNC extension [RFC5162] states that the server SHOULD send
    VANISHED rather than the EXPUNGE in response to the UID EXPUNGE
    command.

"the" before EXPUNGE is unnecessary and confusing.  This seems more  
appropriate:

    The QRESYNC extension [RFC5162] states that the server SHOULD send
    VANISHED rather than EXPUNGE in response to the UID EXPUNGE command.

The same issue affects Section 4.2 ("the UID MOVE"):

    The ACL rights [RFC4314] required for the UID MOVE are the union of
    the ACL rights required for UID STORE, UID COPY and UID EXPUNGE.

This should probably be:

    The ACL rights [RFC4314] required for UID MOVE are the union of
    the ACL rights required for UID STORE, UID COPY and UID EXPUNGE.

    -or-

    The ACL rights [RFC4314] required for the UID MOVE command are the union of
    the ACL rights required for UID STORE, UID COPY and UID EXPUNGE.

michael

___________________________________
Michael Slusarz [[email-masked]]

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:41:53 -0800 (PST)

This all seems reasonable. However, given where we are with this I'd normally
leave these sorts of editorial changes to the RFC Editor. But since another
update is needed for other reasons, I'll go ahead and make these changes too.

				Ned

> _______________________________________________
> imapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imapext