Subject: [imapext] IMAPMOVE wrapping up

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:42:54 -0500

Alexey has put the current information about implementations into the
working group wiki:  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/imapmove/trac/wiki

This completes the last chartered milestone (a few weeks early,
actually), and the Secretariat has marked that milestone as done:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/imapmove/charter/

Additionally, the MOVE specification, which is in the RFC Editor
queue, is now in AUTH48 state -- the final editing and author review
before it's published, which means that it should be published as an
RFC within the next week or two.

As soon as the RFC is published, I will ask the Secretariat to
formally close down the working group.  I want to take this
opportunity to send out some thanks to

* Arnt for taking the lead on the document,

* everyone who reviewed, commented, and implemented,

* Alexey and Ned for chairing (and Ned for doing editing while Arnt
was under the weather).

I consider this working group a smashing success: we chartered it
quickly and gave it a focused, short-term task, it met its goals and
its schedule, and we have a new, standard IMAP extension for something
people have been asking for for years.

This is also the first IMAP-related RFC that will be published after
Mark Crispin's untimely passing.  We wouldn't be here doing this
without his earlier work.

Barry, Applications AD