Subject: [imapext] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:32:07 +0100

This is nearly identical to the RFC, but with references updated, errata 
3401 and 3506 fixed.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00.txt
Date: 	Tue, 14 May 2013 12:25:26 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IMAP Extension for Conditional STORE Operation or Quick Flag Changes Resynchronization
	Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-05-14

Abstract:
    Often, multiple IMAP (RFC 3501) clients need to coordinate changes to
    a common IMAP mailbox.  Examples include different clients working on
    behalf of the same user, and multiple users accessing shared
    mailboxes.  These clients need a mechanism to synchronize state
    changes for messages within the mailbox.  They must be able to
    guarantee that only one client can change message state (e.g.,
    message flags) at any time.  An example of such an application is use
    of an IMAP mailbox as a message queue with multiple dequeueing
    clients.

    The Conditional Store facility provides a protected update mechanism
    for message state information that can detect and resolve conflicts
    between multiple writing mail clients.

    The Conditional Store facility also allows a client to quickly
    resynchronize mailbox flag changes.

    This document defines an extension to IMAP (RFC 3501).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/