Subject: [imapext] How to delete a mail permanently without going to trash

From: narendra singh bisht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:26:48 -0400

I want to delete a mail from ,say, Drafts folder permanently without going
to Trash to delete it again.
I tried EXPUNGE command with Gmail, but it moves the deleted mail to Trash.

Is there any way/command to delete a mail permanently without going to
Trash folder.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Thanks & Regards
-Narendra

---

From: Brandon Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:31:06 -0700

At the moment, no.  We've had some serious data loss issues with Draft
handling in the past, so we currently don't allow clients to EXPUNGE
directly, but we don't want drafts building up, hence the move to Trash
work-around.  In general, we only delete messages from the entire mailbox
if its deleted from the Spam/Trash folders.

Brandon

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM, narendra singh bisht <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> imapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imapext
>
>

---

From: narendra singh bisht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:34:28 -0400

Thanks Brandon.  That answers my question.
On Aug 26, 2014 7:31 PM, "Brandon Long" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I want to delete a mail from ,say, Drafts folder permanently without
>> going to Trash to delete it again.