Subject: [imapext] Addressing comments

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:25:52 -0800

Hi Jay, Naren,

Thanks for responding to the comments during the Working Group Last 
Call and the Area Director Review.

When I am shepherding a draft I usually ask the authors to address 
the comments about their draft.  What does "all comments have been 
addressed" mean?  I'll explain that by using the AD review [1] as an 
example.  I don't know whether Barry Leiba agrees with the replies 
[2] which he received.  I would have to ask Barry about that or else 
he could send a message about it.  I also have to take into 
consideration the comments sent by Working Group participants.  If I 
am unsure about whether the participants agree I can send a message 
to the mailing list to ask about that.  Once everyone is in agreement 
it means that all comments have been addressed.  I would then ask the 
authors to submit a new version of the draft which incorporates the 
changes made in response to the comments.

How can an author address comments?  An author can respond to the 
comments received and discuss about the issues on the mailing 
list.  The author can propose text if he/she believes that a change 
is needed or provide an explanation if he/she believes that the issue 
raised is not a problem.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy (as document shepherd)

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/imapext/current/msg05633.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/imapext/current/msg05641.html
3. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/imapext/current/msg05641.html