Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM 2011: Call for Demos

From: Nicolas Christin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:04:28 -0500

SIGCOMM 2011 - Call for Demos

The SIGCOMM demo session showcases technical demonstrations, exhibits,
and prototypes. Research demonstrations should present innovative
research prototypes that show new research related to the topics
included in the SIGCOMM conference call for papers.

What and Where to Submit

Please submit a three-page abstract to https://sigcomm2011posters.cs.wisc.edu.
The decision will be taken primarily by reading the abstract.

Content:

The abstract should include:
•       Goals of the demo and the basic idea that it supports
•       Any related publications or technical reports
•       Equipment to be used for the demo (Note that we provide only
the space and wireless Internet access.)
•       Space needed
•       Setup time required
•       Additional facilities needed, including power and Internet
access requirements
•       A URL with any extra information, if needed
•       Whether the demo is eligible for the student travel grant; if
applicable, please identify the lead student(s) and affiliation(s)
•       Submissions are single blind, so please include authors' names
and affiliation.

Accepted demos will be expected to contribute a two-page abstract for
the conference proceedings or archive. Obviously, this will not
include details about setup time and equipment, but should instead
focus on the idea and include screenshots or other images from the
live demonstration as needed. At the conference, we will distribute
the abstracts to all attendees.

Formatting:

Prepare your abstract using ACM conference style, modified to
10pt. Concretely, two columns, minimum 10pt Times with 0.75 inch
margins and 1/3 inch space between columns. The abstract must be
within the page limit and in PDF format. Word documents will not be
accepted.

The SIGCOMM 2011 Poster and Demo committee will review all demo
proposals. Top few demos may be invited for publication as extended
abstracts at ACM SIGCOMM's newsletter, the ACM SIGCOMM Computer
Communication Review (CCR).

Important dates
Submission Deadline     May 12, 2011 (midnight PDT)
Acceptance Notification June  5, 2011
Camera Ready Deadline   June 15, 2011

Poster and Demo Committee
Poster/Demo Co-Chairs
        Aditya Akella      University of Wisconsin--Madison, USA
        Lili Qiu           University of Texas at Austin, USA
Committee Members
        Nick Feamster      Georgia Tech, USA
        Vyas Sekar         Intel Labs at Berkeley, USA
        Sue Moon           KAIST, Korea
        David Oran         Cisco, USA
        Neil Spring        University of Maryland, USA
        Sneha Kumar Kasera University of Utah, USA
        Fabian Bustamante  Northwestern University, USA
        Lakshminarayanan Subramanian    New York University, USA
        Li Erran Li        Bell Labs, USA
        Rodrigo Fonseca    Brown University, USA
        Kun Tan            Microsoft Research Asia, China
        Jia Wang           Purdue University, USA
        Xiaowei Yang       Duke University, USA