Subject: [IMRG] ACM SIGCOMM 2011: Call for Demos

From: Nicolas Christin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:06:34 -0400

SIGCOMM 2011 - Call for Demos
[Note updated deadline -- less than a month ago]

The SIGCOMM demo session showcases technical demonstrations, exhibits,
and prototypes. Research demonstrations should present innovative
research prototypes that show new research related to the topics
included in the SIGCOMM conference call for papers.

What and Where to Submit

Please submit a three-page abstract to https://sigcomm2011posters.cs.wisc.edu.
The decision will be taken primarily by reading the abstract.

Content:

The abstract should include:
•       Goals of the demo and the basic idea that it supports
•       Any related publications or technical reports
•       Equipment to be used for the demo (Note that we provide only
the space and wireless Internet access.)
•       Space needed
•       Setup time required
•       Additional facilities needed, including power and Internet
access requirements
•       A URL with any extra information, if needed
•       Whether the demo is eligible for the student travel grant; if
applicable, please identify the lead student(s) and affiliation(s)
•       Submissions are single blind, so please include authors' names
and affiliation.

Accepted demos will be expected to contribute a two-page abstract for
the conference proceedings or archive. Obviously, this will not
include details about setup time and equipment, but should instead
focus on the idea and include screenshots or other images from the
live demonstration as needed. At the conference, we will distribute
the abstracts to all attendees.

Formatting:

Prepare your abstract using ACM conference style, modified to
10pt. Concretely, two columns, minimum 10pt Times with 0.75 inch
margins and 1/3 inch space between columns. The abstract must be
within the page limit and in PDF format. Word documents will not be
accepted.

The SIGCOMM 2011 Poster and Demo committee will review all demo
proposals. Top few demos may be invited for publication as extended
abstracts at ACM SIGCOMM's newsletter, the ACM SIGCOMM Computer
Communication Review (CCR).

Important dates
Submission Deadline             May 16, 2011 (11:59 PDT)
Acceptance Notification         June  5, 2011
Camera Ready Deadline           June 15, 2011

Poster and Demo Committee
Poster/Demo Co-Chairs
        Aditya Akella           University of Wisconsin--Madison, USA
        Lili Qiu                University of Texas at Austin, USA
Committee Members
        Fabian Bustamante       Northwestern University, USA
        Nick Feamster           Georgia Tech, USA
        Rodrigo Fonseca         Brown University, USA
        Saikat Guha             Microsoft Research, India
        Sue Moon                KAIST, Korea
        Sneha Kumar Kasera      University of Utah, USA
        Li Erran Li             Bell Labs, USA
        David Oran              Cisco, USA
        Vyas Sekar              Intel Labs at Berkeley, USA
        Neil Spring             University of Maryland, USA
        Lakshminarayanan Subramanian    New York University, USA
        Kun Tan                 Microsoft Research Asia, China
        Jia Wang                Purdue University, USA
        Xiaowei Yang            Duke University, USA