Subject: [Insipid] 3.2. Protocol Interworking: evaluation

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:19:13 -0500

INSIPID

Here is the set of use-cases and requirements discussed in Vancouver. 
We are to come to consensus on each of these (or not), and if we 
agree the use-case or requirement should be in the document, we need 
to determine acceptable wording for each. The Subject: line will 
contain the specific topic (which use-case or requirement) for this 
thread. PLEASE do not cross contaminate the threads. Any new topic 
SHOULD have its own Subject line. The chairs will monitor and call 
for consensus on each use-case and requirement (and wording of each).

Please make constructive suggestions regarding each you care about.

The Section numbers will be reordered once consensus has been reached 
on all items we're covering, so don't worry about that part.

3.2. Protocol Interworking:

A communication session might originate in an H.323 endpoint and pass 
through a Session Border Controller before ultimately reaching a 
terminating SIP user agent. Likewise, a call might originate on a SIP 
user agent and terminate on an H.323 endpoint. It MUST be possible to 
identify such sessions end-to-end across the plurality of devices, 
networks, or administrative domains.

It is expected that the ITU-T will define protocol elements for H.323 
to make the end-to-end signaling possible.

Derived Requirements: