Subject: [Insipid] 3.1. Session Recording: evaluation

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:18:26 -0500

INSIPID

Here is the set of use-cases and requirements discussed in Vancouver. 
We are to come to consensus on each of these (or not), and if we 
agree the use-case or requirement should be in the document, we need 
to determine acceptable wording for each. The Subject: line will 
contain the specific topic (which use-case or requirement) for this 
thread. PLEASE do not cross contaminate the threads. Any new topic 
SHOULD have its own Subject line. The chairs will monitor and call 
for consensus on each use-case and requirement (and wording of each).

Please make constructive suggestions regarding each you care about.

The Section numbers will be reordered once consensus has been reached 
on all items we're covering, so don't worry about that part.

3.1. Session Recording:

A SIP Session is established between UA A and UA B with a SIP B2BUA 
acting as a middlebox. Both UA A and UA B establish a recording 
session with a session recording server (SRS) using the SIPREC 
protocol. The SRS needs to be able to determine from the metadata 
provided by UA A and UA B that the media streams are associated with 
the same communication session (CS).

Derived Requirements: