Subject: [Insipid] 3.X Session Signal Logging: evaluation

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:23:07 -0500

INSIPID

Here is the set of use-cases and requirements discussed in Vancouver. 
We are to come to consensus on each of these (or not), and if we 
agree the use-case or requirement should be in the document, we need 
to determine acceptable wording for each. The Subject: line will 
contain the specific topic (which use-case or requirement) for this 
thread. PLEASE do not cross contaminate the threads. Any new topic 
SHOULD have its own Subject line. The chairs will monitor and call 
for consensus on each use-case and requirement (and wording of each).

Please make constructive suggestions regarding each you care about.

The Section numbers will be reordered once consensus has been reached 
on all items we're covering, so don't worry about that part.

3.X Session Signal Logging:

An after the fact search of SIP messages to determine which were part 
of the same transaction or call is difficult when B2BUAs and SBCs are 
involved in the signaling between UAs. Mapping more than one Call-ID 
together can be challenging because all of the values in SIP headers 
on one side of the B2BUA or SBC will likely be different than those 
on the other side. If multiple B2BUAs and/or SBCs are in the 
signaling path, more than two sets of header values will exist, 
creating more of a challenge. Creating a common header value through 
all SIP entities will greatly reduce any challenge for the purposes 
of accounting, billing, debugging, communication tracking (such as 
for security purposes in case of theft of service), etc.

Derived Requirements: