Subject: [Insipid] Document Action: 'Requirements for Marking SIP Messages to be Logged' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 15:25:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for Marking SIP Messages to be Logged'
  (draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the requirements for requirements for adding an 
indicator to the SIP protocol data unit (PDU, or a SIP message) that 
marks the PDU as a candidate for logging. This document specifies the 
requirements for an end-to-end session identifier in IP-based multimedia 
communication networks.  This identifier would enable endpoints, 
intermediate devices, and management and monitoring systems to identify 
a session end-to-end across multiple SIP devices, hops, and 
administrative domains.

Working Group Summary

The document has achieved working group consensus and has received 
sufficient discussion.  There were no particularly contentious issues to 
work through in this document (unlike its INSIPID predecessor).

Document Quality

There is no working implementation, per se, of this draft since it is a 
requirements document.  That said, its corresponding solution draft 
(draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking) does indeed  have working 
implementations.

Personnel

Gonzalo Salgueiro is the document shepherd and Ben Campbell is the 
responsible Area Director.