Subject: [Int-area] BoF requests for Dallas

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:08:04 +0100

Apologies in advance for the cross-posting.

We are getting a lot of BoF requests in the int-area. That's not a bad 
thing, but in order to better manage them we would like to enforce the 
following deadlines for the next IETF meeting:

Jan 20 - Creation of a public mailing list for discussion of the BoF 
topic at hand. Please include Margaret and I on this list so that we can 
monitor the discussion.

Feb 3 - Formal request to the ietf-secretary and ADs, cc'd to the 
public mailing list, for the BoF itself. Included in the request should 
be a draft BoF Agenda, if the goal is the formation of a WG a draft 
charter, and a pointer to at least one Internet Draft as reference 
material for the BoF itself. 

Also, please take a look at Thomas' document on how to run a successful 
BoF. This is a brand new document, and Thomas is asking for review and 
discussion (which you can do on the int-area, iab, iesg or ietf list as you 
like) and volunteers to help iterate on the text and ready it for 
publication.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-successful-bof-00.txt

Thanks!

- Mark and Margaret

PS. Should we make int-chairs a member of int-area and clean-up duplicates (making int-chairs a forced subset of int-area)?

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area