Subject: [Int-area] Review of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-01

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

On December 5, 2006 a call for review of the RADIUS extended attribute 
document was issued to the RADEXT WG as well as other IETF WGs affected by 
the document: 
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2006/msg01002.html 

Unfortunately, no review comments were received relating to this document. 

Given that the call for review occurred during the holiday season, we are 
reissuing the call for review. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The RADEXT WG has a charter deliverable for an extended form of RADIUS 
attribute.  The apparent consensus in the WG is to solve a very simple set 
of problems in this space, including the pending exhaustion of the 
standard RADIUS attribute IDs, a consistent mechanism for application 
layer fragmentation and reassembly for Diameter interoperability, and a 
consistent mechanism for grouping of attributes for data structuring, also 
for Diameter interoperability. 

Given the list of proposed work in RADEXT and other IETF WGs with RADIUS 
extensions work on their charters, it is conceivable that we might exhaust 
the existing IANA RADIUS registry for Attribute Types fairly soon.  
Therefore, this work is considered to be of some urgency. 

The structure of the extended attribute format currently under 
consideration may require changes in various RADIUS extensions drafts in 
RADEXT and other IETF working groups.   This assumes that at least some of 
these documents will ultimately use the RADIUS extended attribute 
allocations. 

Because of its potentially wide impact, the RADEXT WG Chairs are 
requesting that the RADEXT WG and all other affected WGs please review the 
following document: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-01.txt 

Please comment as to whether this document is ready for adoption as a WG 
work item, and provide comments as to suggested changes or mprovements by 
sending email to [email-masked].  Please use the RADEXT Issue 
Tracker format template, found at: 

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/ 

and submit your comments to the RADEXT WG mailing list with the keyword 
"New Issue" in the subject header. 

Please respond by April 10, 2006.  Once all the resultant open issues have 
been resolved, the RADEXT WG Chairs expect that a WGLC will be issued on 
the revised draft soon thereafter. 

Thank you, in advance, for your timely review. 

Regards, 

Dave Nelson 
Bernard Aboba 

Co-Chairs, RADEXT WG

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area