Subject: [Int-area] Guidelines for protocol designers using UDP

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:33:30 +0200

Hi,

In the TSVWG we have been developing a guidelines document for UDP. It
is intended for protocol designers that consider using UDP in their
protocol. We do hope that it will help remove some of the misconception
that UDP is a simple protocol to use. It might look that way because
most of the features necessary for being acceptable to deploy on the
general internet needs to be specified by the one using UDP. It is also
something that the Transport ADs already started using as help in
explaining why and what to fix when we put a DISCUSS on your document
that is using UDP.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-03.txt

So TSVWG is still working on this document but we are now considering it
quite complete. So we are looking for feedback from you. Are there
things that are unclear, missing, wrong, etc. Please provide your
feedback to TSVWG ([email-masked]).

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area