Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 08:39:52 -0700

Hello,

This is an update to the GUE extensions draft. The significant change
is that we added a flag bit the security field (moving checksum bit to
end). This allows seven different sizes for security field. 100b
indicates a 36 octet field. Use HMAC (based on the work for HMAC TLV
in segment routing security) is described in some detail and would use
the 36 byte field.

Assuming that the GUE draft is taken up as WG item in int-area we will
request this draft is taken up also.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:58 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Lucy Yong
<[email-masked]>, "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-gue-extensions
Revision:       01
Title:          Extensions for Generic UDP Encapsulation
Document date:  2016-10-28
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          29
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-gue-extensions/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-gue-extensions-01

Abstract:
   This specification defines a set of the fundamental optional
   extensions for Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE). The extensions
   defined in this specification are the security option, payload
   transform option, checksum option, fragmentation option, and the
   remote checksum offload option.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat