Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 07:05:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Privacy considerations for IP broadcast and multicast protocol designers
        Authors         : Rolf Winter
                          Michael Faath
                          Fabian Weisshaar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   A number of application-layer protocols make use of IP broadcasts or
   multicast messages for functions like local service discovery or name
   resolution.  Some of these functions can only be implemented
   efficiently using such mechanisms.  When using broadcasts or
   multicast messages, a passive observer in the same broadcast/
   multicast domain can trivially record these messages and analyze
   their content.  Therefore, broadcast/multicast protocol designers
   need to take special care when designing their protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rolf Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:08:53 +0100

Hi,

Apologies, but I screwed up the draft naming convention and just 
uploaded the 00 and a 01 version with correct naming. The 00 version is 
the one that was adopted by the WG, the 01 version now addresses the 
comments made by Eliot and Stephane.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best,

Rolf

Am 10/31/16 um 3:05 PM schrieb [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> Int-area mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 08:25:50 +1300

Rolf,

I read this draft (the -00 version) recently, since I'm co-author of
draft-ietf-anima-grasp, which relies heavily on link-local multicast. I did
find it useful, although I didn't in the end change anything as a result.

Should you mention the MSEC work and RFC 5374 in particular?

Regards
   Brian Carpenter