Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-probe-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 01:38:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PROBE: A Utility For Probing Interfaces
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          Reji Thomas
                          Jen Linkova
                          Chris Lenart
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-probe-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-07-23

Abstract:
   This document describes a network diagnostic tool called PROBE.
   PROBE is similar to PING, in that it can be used to test the status
   of a probed interface.  It differs from PING in that it does not
   require bidirectional connectivity between the probing and probed
   interfaces.  Alternatively, PROBE requires bidirectional connectivity
   between the probing interface and a proxy interface.  The proxy
   interface can reside on the same node as the probed interface or it
   can reside on a node to which the probed interface is directly
   connected.  This document updates RFC 4884.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-probe/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-probe-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-intarea-probe-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-intarea-probe-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/