Subject: [Int-area] multicast over wifi discussion list (fwd)

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:59:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

please forward this if there are other parties or WGs that might have valuable 
knowledge in this.

1.5 years ago there was an email list created to discuss the issue of L1/L2 
multicast packets having different delivery characteristics compared to 
unicast, on 802.11 and potentially other places.

http://www.ieee802.org/11/email/stds-802-11/msg01838.html

If you're interested in discussion on possible solution space for this, please 
consider subscribing. Possible outcomes is that IETF will re-design protocols 
to do less multicast, and/or new mechanisms would be proposed to make 802.11 
(and other similar technologies) handle multicast better.

There was a side meeting today with 10 people where this was discussed, and 
we're trying to restart this discussion, as it has been kind of stale the past 
year.

Link to the email I sent to that list:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mcast-wifi/muf8GqcTRzQubgHI-uc90aIC2YY

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]