Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-intarea-ila-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:17:40 -0700

Hello,

We have submitted a new version of ILA. Note that the previous version was
draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-04.

Some of the changes:

- Tried to make it less datacenter specific and imply broader use to
include mobile networks.
- More words around the fact that identifiers do not have required format,
any format imposed is site local decision.
- Removed references to ULA, only recommend using global addresses.
- Added non-local address identifiers. This allows ILA addresses that can
map any address. I think this might be useful when we implement roaming for
mobile networks.
- Some more acknowledgements.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:08 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-intarea-ila-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Petr Lapukhov <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-intarea-ila-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-intarea-ila
Revision:       00
Title:          Identifier-locator addressing for IPv6
Document date:  2017-10-19
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          46
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-intarea-
ila-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-intarea-ila/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-intarea-ila-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-
intarea-ila-00

Abstract:
   This specification describes identifier-locator addressing (ILA) for
   IPv6. Identifier-locator addressing differentiates between location
   and identity of a network node. Part of an address expresses the
   immutable identity of the node, and another part indicates the
   location of the node which can be dynamic. Identifier-locator
   addressing can be used to efficiently implement overlay networks for
   network virtualization as well as solutions for use cases in
   mobility.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat