Subject: [Int-area] I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:45:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Discovering Provisioning Domain Names and Data
        Authors         : Pierre Pfister
                          Eric Vyncke
                          Tommy Pauly
                          David Schinazi
                          Marcus Keane
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   An increasing number of hosts and networks are connected to the
   Internet through multiple interfaces, some of which may provide
   multiple ways to access the internet by means of multiple IPv6 prefix
   configurations.

   This document describes a way for hosts to retrieve additional
   information about their network access characteristics.  The set of
   configuration items required to access the Internet is called a
   Provisioning Domain (PvD).  The PvD is identified by a Fully
   Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).  This identifier, retrieved using a new
   Router Advertisement (RA) option, is associated with the set of
   information included within the RA and may later be used to retrieve
   additional information associated with the PvD by way of an HTTP-
   over-TLS request.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/