Subject: (ION) Questions regarding NHRP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 98 15:38:57 +0100

Hi,
     
     I have few questions regarding NHRP draft. I would very much 
     appreciate any comments?

     1. How an NHS should treat Preference value associated with registered 
     CIEs when processing NHRP Resolution Request?
     
     I understand that Preference value is used to differentiate between 
     CIEs registered by distinct clients. If NHS receives resolution 
     request, it selects all CIEs which satisfy the request, sorts them by 
     Preference value and returns in the reply. Is it correct?
     
     What about more and less specific CIEs? Are they equally good if they 
     are registered with same Preference value and they both match the 
     request? Or most specific CIEs should be considered only and 
     Preference should be used to differentiate between them?

     2. Is there any defined way for NHCs to assign Preference value to the 
     CIEs?

     3. What an NHS should do if registration request with higher Request 
     ID from a given NHC contains less CIEs than in the previous one? 
     Should the missing CIEs be dropped?

     Thanks in advance,
     Slawek

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 98 10:55:25 +0100

Hi,
     
     There were no comments on the issues from my e-mail. If they are too 
     obvious, could anyone refer me to the appropriate literature where I 
     could find the answers. In my opinion, these issues are quite 
     important in NHRP.
     
     Slawek

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: (ION) Questions regarding NHRP 
Author:  <[email-masked] > at UNIXMAIL
Date:    1/7/98 3:38 PM

     Hi,
     
     appreciate any comments.

     

     3. What an NHS should do if registration request with higher Request 
     ID from a given NHC contains less CIEs than in the previous one? 
     Should the missing CIEs be dropped with purging, if used in NHRP 
     replies?

     Thanks in advance,
     Slawek