Subject: (ION) ATM Point to Multipoint drop party

From: Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:09:38 +0530

Hi,

I have a query regarding the ATM signalling involving private network
nodes(switches). The case is dropping a party in a point-to-multipoint
call. Refer to UNI 3.1 spec, 5.6.3.3.
The spec deals with the behaviour of both the user & network in this
regard. I have a doubt regarding the network behaviour.
------------------------------------------------------
Extract from the spec 
"When the network receives a RELEASE message :
1. Parties in the Drop Party Initiated & Drop party Received party state
shall enter the NULL party state.
2. Parties in the ADD PARTY RECEIVED party state & active party state
shall be cleared towards the remote user with the cause contained in the
RELEASE message or cause#31 "Normal, unspecified", if no cause was
included in the RELEASE message.
3. Parties in the ADD PARTY INITIATED party state shall be reoffered on
a new call reference."
------------------------------------------------------
Does the above mean that whenever a RELEASE is received from any of the
users, all other parties involved in the call are cleared & the whole
call is brought down ?
Or is the description made only with regard to the interface on which
the RELEASE was received ? If so, how can the parties be in ADD PARTY
RECEIVED state on that interface on the network side ? I guess parties
at that interface can only be in ADD PARTY INITIATED/ACTIVE/NULL states.

Another doubt(basic one) is the understanding of the term - link state -
on an interface.
Is it call-specific ? Separate one for each call ?

Thanks in advance,

Anand
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: [email-masked] (Mukul Katiyar)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:13:28 -0700

> the RELEASE was received ?

  It implies all the parties on the interface, at which the RELEASE is recieved.

> If so, how can the parties be in ADD PARTY
  The RELEASE message can be recieved even with ADD PTY RECIEVED state
  for one or more parties at the given interface.
  
Regards,
-Mukul