Subject: [Fwd: [MCG] European Electronic Signature Directive Draft]

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:26:28 +0100

All,

  Forwarding this onto you as it may have some relevance in your deliberations
and of some interest to the IFWP conference in Reston Va.

  In particular I was wondering if Jim Dixon was or is knowledgeable and what
your thoughts on it might be Jim?

Kindest regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]

Subject: [MCG] European Electronic Signature Directive Draft
From: "268791" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 10:49:18 +0100

Ed Gerck has encouraged me to draw the attention of the list to a paper at
<http://techpolicy.lse.ac.uk/csrc/sig/lawsoc.html>

This contains a submission by The Law Society, the professional body
representing solicitors in England & Wales, to the Commission of the
European Union on the subject of the draft Directive on electronic
signatures.  It was the work of a small working party, of which I was one
of the members.

Unlike the ABA in the US, the English legal profession has not been
involved in electronic signature issues until quite recently, and has not
been exposed to the detailed and sometimes controversial debates on the
subject which have become familiar to many members of the list.  The paper
therefore inevitably tackles the issues at a fairly simple level, and the
treatment of revocation through a central database, for example, may seem
unsophisticated.

Regards,

Nicholas Bohm

Salkyns, Great Canfield,
Takeley, Bishop's Stortford CM22 6SX, UK

Phone		01279 870285	(+44 1279 870285)
Fax		01279 870215	(+44 1279 870215)
Mobile   	0860 636749  	(+44 860 636749)

PGP RSA 1024 bit public key ID: 0x08340015.  Fingerprint:
9E 15 FB 2A 54 96 24 37  98 A2 E0 D1 34 13 48 07
PGP DSS/DH 1024/3072 public key ID: 0x899DD7FF.  Fingerprint:
5248 1320 B42E 84FC 1E8B  A9E6 0912 AE66 899D D7FF