Subject: Re: Tired of Waiting

From: "Christopher Ambler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:39:47 -0700

>At 02:29 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>>If CORE turns into a flake, the .firm names that they wanted to sell
>
>Chris, there is a fundamental difference between a private, for-profit
>entity going flakey, versus having that happen with a public,
>not-for-profit, with independent public oversight.  

I'm terribly sorry for my language, but Bullshit. There is no difference
at all.

Tell that to our local zoo who is not-for-profit, yet increases rates 
and admissions for projects that are just plain silly. It has public
oversight, which changes nothing.

Business model has absolutely nothing to do with service, lock-in,
and pricing. You can be expensive if you're non-profit. You can
provide any kind of service you want.

--
Christopher Ambler, Personal Opinion Only
--
NOTICE: The user of this email address is a resident of the State of 
Washington. Washington law provides for up to $500 per incident in
the case of Unsolicited Commercial Email (also known as spam).
This individual WILL file a complaint.

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:19:51 -0400

> I'm terribly sorry for my language, but Bullshit. There is no difference

Proof by assertion, eh? Unfortunately, making the assertion
scatological doesn't make it true.

I believe most of those reading can tell the difference between an
overseen non-profit organization with a tiny task, and a for profit
operation.

Perry