Subject: Re: Tired of Waiting

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:39:29 -0400 (EDT)

jeff asks
>   Why would anybody be filtered out if you truly believe in an open process?

because history shows some people contribute volume not content?
 http://golem.sobco.com/nww/1997/08-democracy.html

Scott

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:33:36 +0100

Scott and all,

>  http://golem.sobco.com/nww/1997/08-democracy.html

  Yes some people do, that is true.  However this refrence is not of much use
as it comes from the IAHC, which is now supposedly defunct, and has been
for quite awhile.

> Scott

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:19:44 -0400

>  http://golem.sobco.com/nww/1997/08-democracy.html

I actually believe in a fully open process. However, email is not
structured to make that feasible. In a committee hearing, you can
follow things like Roberts Rules of Order to make sure that giving
everyone their say is orderly. In email, you can't do that, which
means you can't operate a fully open process using only email.

Perry

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:47:44 +0100

Perry and all,

> means you can't operate a fully open process using only email.

  God you are misinformed Kent!!!  You can certainly VOTE using a Web page
app.  It is done every day in one forum or another.

  And any E-mail mailing list can be open to anyone besides that point.  You can
also use a FREE form mailing list to have compleat input unrestricted thereby
allowing an open process to anyone that wishes to participate.

> Perry

 regards,