Subject: (ION) NHRP MIB - Summary of Changes from 02 to 03

From: [email-masked] (Joan Cucchiara)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:33:27 -0500

Hi Everyone,

A new version of the NHRP MIB was just submitted.
A summary of the changes from draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-02.txt
to draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-03.txt is below.  
Please note that most of these changes are a result of email 
exchanges from David Horton and Andy Malis.  I would like to 
thank them for their comments!

Also a list of outstanding issues are:

1) description of ifIndex use is needed in Front Section of MIB.

2) Front Section of MIB needs to be updated with the new tables
   added in this Revision.

3) textual conventions for nhcIndex, nhsIndex in MIB.

4) More "REFERENCE" clauses should be added in MIB.

	Thank you, Joan

Summary of Changes between Rev 02 and Rev 03
--------------------------------------------

1) changed the order of the indices for 

   nhrpNextHopResTable, and it extension table
   in the server, nhrpServerNextHopResTable.

02 Order:  

   ifIndex,
   nhrpNextHopResIndex,
   nhrpNextHopResInternetworkAddrType,
   nhrpNextHopResDestInternetworkAddr

03 (current) Order:

   nhrpNextHopResInternetAddrType,
   nhrpNextHopResDestInternetworkAddr,
   ifIndex,
   nhrpNextHopResIndex

------------

2) changed the description of nhrpNextHopResIndex 

02:  

DESCRIPTION
  "An identifier for this entry that is unique within
  the scope of this agent."

03 (current):

DESCRIPTION
  "An identifier for this entry that has local significance within the
   scope of this group."

--------

3a)  Added a Registration Request Info Table to the NHC for
     maintaining info on registration requests.

NhrpClientNhsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    nhrpClientNhsIndex                  Integer32,
    nhrpClientNhsInternetworkAddrType   NhrpIANAAddrFamily,
    nhrpClientNhsDestInternetworkAddr   NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddrType           NhrpIANAAddrFamily,
    nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddr               NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpClientNhsNbmaSubaddr            NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpClientNhsInUse                  TruthValue,
    nhrpClientNhsRowStatus              RowStatus
}

---------

4) Changed the enum names and descriptions for 
   the nhrpNextHopResEntryState Object.

    SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                    incomplete(1), 
                    ackReply(2), 
                    nakReply(3)
                }
    DESCRIPTION
        "An indication of the state of this entry. The values are:
    
            'incomplete(1)' The client has sent a NHRP Resolution
                            Request but has not yet received the NHRP
                            Resolution Reply.
            
            'ackReply(2)'   For a client or server, this is a cached
                            valid mapping.
    
            'nakReply(3)'   For a client or server, this is a cached 
                            NAK mapping."

---------
5)  nhrpNextHopResPreference Object added.

nhrpNextHopResPreference OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-create
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An object which reflects the Preference value of the CIE that is
        the basis of this cache entry."
    ::= { nhrpNextHopResEntry 13 }

----------

6)  Added object to the nhrpNextHopResTable:

    nhrpNextHopResEntryHoldingTime 

7)  Added these objects to the nhrpClientNhsTable

    nhrpClientNhsInternetworkAddrType   NhrpIANAAddrFamily,
    nhrpClientNhsDestInternetworkAddr   NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddrType           NhrpIANAAddrFamily,

nhrpClientNhsInternetworkAddrType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      NhrpIANAAddrFamily
    MAX-ACCESS  read-create
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The type of the internetwork layer address of the
        NHRP server represented in this entry. This object 
        indicates how the value of nhrpClientNhsDestInternetworkAddr 
        is to be interpreted."
    ::= { nhrpClientNhsEntry 2 }

nhrpClientNhsDestInternetworkAddr OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      NhrpGenAddr
    MAX-ACCESS  read-create
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The value of the destination internetwork layer address of 
        the NHRP server represented by this entry.  If this value is
        not known, this wil be a zero-length OCTET STRING."
    ::= { nhrpClientNhsEntry 3 }

nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddrType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      NhrpIANAAddrFamily
    MAX-ACCESS  read-create
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION 
        "The type of the NBMA subnetwork address of the NHRP Server
        represented by this entry. This object indicates how the 
        values of nhrpClientNhsNbmaAddr and nhrpClientNhsNbmaSubaddr 
        are to be interpreted."
    ::= { nhrpClientEntry 4 }

8). MTU Sizes changed to 16 bits

02
nhrpNextHopResNegotiatedMtu OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32

nhrpClientDefaultMtu OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32

03 (current) -- gave range on Integer32 to 16 bits
nhrpNextHopResNegotiatedMtu OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..65535)

nhrpClientDefaultMtu OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..65535)

9).  nhrpServerTable, the nhrpServerMaxClients and nhrpServerCurrentClients
     objects have been removed. (see #16 below -- 
     nhrpServerNhcTable was added.)

10).  in nhrpNextHopResEntry, the nhrpNextHopResEntryType
      changed the enum

      resolve(2)

      into two enums:  resolveAuthoritative (2),
                       resolveNonauthoritative (3),

            'resolveAuthoritative(2)'  
                          In a client, added based on receiving an
                          Authoritative NHRP Resolution Reply.

            'resolveNonauthoritative(3)'
                          In a client, added based on receiving a
                          Nonauthoritative NHRP Resolution Reply.

11). Purge Request Table added to the General Group.

NhrpPurgeReqEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    nhrpPurgeIndex                        Integer32,
    nhrpPurgeNextHopResEntryIdentifier    Integer32,
    nhrpPurgePrefixLength                 Integer32,
    nhrpPurgeRequestID                    Integer32,
    nhrpPurgeReplyExpected                TruthValue,
    nhrpPurgeRowStatus                    RowStatus          
}

12).  nhrpClientRegistrationState removed from NHC table 
      (added to nhrpClientRegistrationTable).

13). nhrpServerNhcTable added.

NhrpServerNhcEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    nhrpServerNhcIndex                  Integer32,
    nhrpServerNhcPrefixLength           Integer32,         
    nhrpServerNhcInternetworkAddrType   NhrpIANAAddrFamily,
    nhrpServerNhcInternetworkAddr       NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpServerNhcNbmaAddrType           NhrpIANAAddrFamily,
    nhrpServerNhcNbmaAddr               NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpServerNhcNbmaSubaddr            NhrpGenAddr,
    nhrpServerNhcInUse                  TruthValue,
    nhrpServerNhcRowStatus              RowStatus
}

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.