Subject: (ION) NHRP next hop server address

From: [email-masked] (Dilip Raj Pandit)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:39:27 -0530 (IST)

In NHRP when an ingress NHS receives an NHRP Resolution Request,
and it has several neighbouring NHSs, how will it decide on which
of the neighbouring NHSs to forward the Resolution Request.?

Will this ingress NHS require the IP address of the neighbouring 
NHSs, which will be resolved into MAC and subsequently ATM address
of the neighbouring NHSs ?

Even if its as above (i.e having the IP addresses of N'bouring NHSs)
how will an ingress NHS decide on which NHS to consider as the 
default router ? Is this decided by standard IP routing protocols ?

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Navin Agrawal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:00:01 +0000 (GMT)

I guess the next hop NHS will be decided either by the standard IP
routing protocol or by mannual configuration.

				Search in Cache or
   next hop NHS's IP Address------------------------>ATM Address(Next NHS)	
				using ATMARP

	I did not get, How the MAC will come in to picture?

	Please tell me if I have done some mistake.

Regards
-Navin

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Dilip Raj Pandit wrote:

> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:39:27 -0530 (IST)
> From: Dilip Raj Pandit <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (ION) NHRP next hop server address
> 
>