Subject: (ION) WG last call on draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

As discussed in the LA meeting, I'm starting WG last call on
draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt.  The last call will end on 4/30. 
Please send comments to the list. 

Thanks,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:55:51 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: (ION) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: NHRP with Mobile NHCs
	Author(s)	: D. Horton, N. Doraswamy, J. Luciani, H. Suzuki
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 10-Apr-98
	
   This document describes an extension for Mobile NHCs to use when they
   register with their home LIS but initially connect to a non-serving
   NHS to do so.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Albert Manfredi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:26:06 -0400

> Please send comments to the list.

I already did send a couple of posts to the effect that I don't
understand what the goal is of a mobile NHC which uses its home NHS.
Unless that "using the home NHS" is _only_ for authentication
purposes, and that authentication can then somehow be transferred
over to the topologically closest NHS to the mobile NHC.

In other words, it makes sense that to allow authentication of each
mobile host by every cotton-pickin' NHS in the world is cumbersome,
but a so-called short-cut resulting from the use of a far-away NHS
as one's serving NHS is almost a contradiction in terms? And would
propbably often be impossible (unless one postulates a global ATM
infrastructure, in which case the whole idea of NHRP becomes
obsolete?).

Bert
[email-masked]
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.