Subject: (ION) Re: Last Call: Inverse Address Resolution Protocol to Draft Standard

From: Don Cochrane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

It has been my experience with FR DTE Bridge/Router/FRADs that in the
case of ANSI T1-617 Annex D or ITU Q.933 Annex A, the local FR DTE does
not know anything about the far end DLCI without it being 
advertised first or statically entered. Due to this, in my case, I also
back-fill the target hw address with zeros on an initial InARP request. 

On a reply I know the target info from the request (that is as long as 
the InARP received is correct!).

The draft refers to the target hw address as if I always know what it is
before I send out a request packet.

(For details see both the format for an InARP request on page 4, and 
section 7 (Protocol Operation), second paragraph, page 3).

Can this be clarified?
                       ***DC***

The IESG wrote:
> 
> The IESG has received a request from the Internetworking Over NBMA
> Working Group to consider Inverse Address Resolution Protocol
> <draft-ietf-ion-inarp-update-02.txt> as a Draft Standard. This is an update to RFC 1293, currently a Proposed Standard.
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by May 5, 1998.
> 
> Files can be obtained via ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-inarp-update-02.txt
> 
> An implementation Report is available at
> 
>         http://www.ietf.org/IESG/IARP.implementation

--IAA06741.893160551/roc-mail2.ctron.com--

----- End Included Message -----

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.