Subject: Re: Richard, you shouldn't have (was Apology is called for)

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 98 09:33:11 -0400

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>

    Rochard [sic - JNC] should NOT have made this apology. Dave Crocker
    doesn't deserve one. He is a believer in excluding the Internet
    User/Stakeholder. That gTLD-MoU is prime proof of that as he was one of
    its prime drafters and a member of it's leadership.

Ahem. I'm hardly a giant fan of Dave, as many (including he) will be happy to
attest, and I've had some pretty amazing run-ins with him over the years.

Even *I* find your statement ludicrous and repellent.

Dave may be wrong sometimes, but I've never found his motivations to be base;
indeed, in our big disagreement over CIDR, it was precisely his concern for
"the Internet User/Stakeholder" that was driving it.

Your charge above is just one more example of what I've alluded to in a
previous post - the content of your posts is so worthless that they are best
ignored. (I only made an exception to my own suggestion in this case because
of your personal attack on Dave.)

	Noel

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:15:23 +0100

Noel and all,

> attest, and I've had some pretty amazing run-ins with him over the years.

  I am sure you have.  Dave seems to bring that quality out in folks.

> Even *I* find your statement ludicrous and repellent.

  It was meant to be.  As George Patton once said, "if you want get someone's
attention, give it to them LOUD and dirty."

> Dave may be wrong sometimes, but I've never found his motivations to be base;

  Well I have on several occasions.  I have about 2 megs of E-Mails from him
that would prove your statement incorrect here.

> "the Internet User/Stakeholder" that was driving it.

  BS.  Dave nearly always has an ulterior motive and his leadership on the IAHC
proposal is testament to that.  Concern for the User/Stakeholder indeed!
Nonsense!

> of your personal attack on Dave.)

  Well he has made plenty on myself amongst many others both directly and in
other snide ways as well.  You reap what you sow.  I am Jewish, I believe in
and Eye for an Eye.  So if you can dish it out, you dam well better be able to
take it!

>         Noel

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]