Subject: Re: Tired of Waiting

From: "Christopher Ambler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:57:57 -0700

Once again, Perry shows that the judge did not believe
that IANA and IOD had entered into a contract. As I've
said time and again, the world is a different place, now.
IANA's dealings with the IAHC didn't come into play either,
so we broke even. The judge didn't think that a TRO to
prevent the signing of the MoU was in order. Fine, it was
signed, but never implemented. Again, we break even.

But the suit had other points that the judge did NOT rule
on, and it was dismissed without prejudice, meaning it
could be opened up all over again if need be. I suspect
there is no need, of course.

Perry, you delight in using the ruling as some kind of
flag to wrap yourself in.

But the bottom line is that the IAHC/CORE plan has
never been implemented, so the suit was moot. The
judge seemed to side with the IAHC, but what did it
get you? Nothing.

I was (and still am) willing to drop this, if you will.

--
Christopher Ambler, Personal Opinion Only
--
NOTICE: The user of this email address is a resident of the State of 
Washington. Washington law provides for up to $500 per incident in
the case of Unsolicited Commercial Email (also known as spam).
This individual WILL file a complaint.

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:41:56 -0400

> flag to wrap yourself in.

Well, I must admit that watching an objective audience presented with
all the facts say "no, your case is completely meritless" did feel
like a vindication, yes.

> I was (and still am) willing to drop this, if you will.

I didn't bring it up.

Perry

---

From: Tim Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 06:02:52 -0400 (EDT)

'coarse this is a day behind and if I'm grossly lagging ignore. It's half 
humour, half waste of your time, 1% a valid poke.

Words well said from a man just as, if not more responsible. Perhaps ...
proof positive a power grab is only another 9 minutes (months) of snooze 
time? "hit the button baby!!!"

No!!! was said to both sides... CORE just took everyone's (includeing 
MINE) money to get a no vote.

It's always been since the 2% of Jon's and will remain ... the only way to 
solve this is by *REAL* user input, not "elite" (how they figured out 
IAHC is beyond me and 99.999% of the internet) ... it's going to take 
something as historic as the first online world vote. This thing will go 
forever! I know I like to cut you down just as much as I like to argue 
valid points of domain policy, as you too have flamed many times.

We're really just disillusioning ourselves here, we're nothing, 
Magaziner's crew is going to be the ones. Sit back , enjoy and try to 
jocky for another cushy seat. :)