Subject: (ION) Regarding draft-ietf-ion-mars-mib-06

From: Vineet_Shukla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:51:32 +0530

Hi,
This is regarding the draft-ietf-ion-mars-mib-06 which is due to 
expire in october this year.

1. What is the current status of this mib? Is it going to be 
   standardized?

These queries are regarding some fields in the mib.
2. RFC 2149 "Multicast Server Architectures for MARS-based ATM
   multicasting" lists the control messages exchanged by the MARS
   Server and an MCS. This list does not contain "MARS_MIGRATE",
   but the draft contains a field "marsMcsStatRxMigrateMsgs" in
   the "marsMcsStatTable". Should this entry be present in this 
   MCS related table?

3. On the other hand, the above mentioned MCS statistics table
   does not contain any entry for the number of "MARS_REDIRECT_MAP"
   messages which are periodically sent to the MCS by the MARS 
   Server as per RFC 2149. The Client statistics table does not 
   have a corresponding entry either.

4. In the marsClientVcEntry, the five variables used for indexing
   are the vpi, vci, the minGrpAddr, the maxGrpAddr, and the partyAddr.

  a) In case the vc is a cluster control VC, the minGrpAddr and the
     maxGrpAddr shall not be relevant, so how does one specify the
     this vc in this table?

  b) For a P2MP data vc to a number of peer clients, the relevant
     vc, as far as our understanding of RFC2022 goes, is established
     by the client when it receives data to be sent to that particular
     multicast group, so in every case, the minGrp and the maxGrp 
     addresses are the same. 
     Is this understanding of the RFC2022 correct?

     Has the marsClientVcEntry been provided with min and max addrs
     to facilitate overlapping memberships for multicast groups, or
     to facilitate an extension of the RFC2022 so as to enable a
     client to setup P2MP VCs on a address block basis sometime in 
     the future?

Your feedback on this shall be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Vineet Shukla
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.