Subject: (ION) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:26:43 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 over Non-Broadcast Multiple Access (NBMA) networks
	Author(s)	: G. Armitage, P. Schulter, M. Jork, G. Harter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-02.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 21-Oct-98
	
   This document describes a general architecture for IPv6 over NBMA
   networks. It forms the basis for subsidiary companion documents that
   describe details for various specific NBMA technologies (such as ATM
   or Frame Relay). The IPv6 over NBMA architecture allows conventional
   host-side operation of the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol, while
   also supporting the establishment of 'shortcut' NBMA forwarding
   paths when dynamically signaled NBMA links are available. Operations
   over administratively configured Point to Point NBMA links are also
   described.

   Dynamic NBMA shortcuts are achieved through the use of IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery protocol operation within Logical Links, and inter-router
   NHRP for the discovery of off-Link NBMA destinations. Both flow-
   triggered and explicitly source-triggered shortcuts are supported.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-ipv6-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.