Subject: In addition to the standard OpenMP environment variables, Sun Studio compilers provide an added set of Sun-specific environment variables that offer more control of the runtime environment.

From: Candida T. Bentley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 15:45:09 +0200

However, as it will be described shortly, all memory allocations might
not need to be deleted before the program ends. Only the master thread
continues execution of user code beyond the end of the parallel
construct. You can set the correct permissions for the script, which is
named pid. DTrace supports several different buffer policies. Measuring
the Performance of Applications Both DTrace and the Sun Studio Collector
and Performance Analyzer tools can be used to measure the performance of
user functions in a process. Under this policy, per-CPU buffers are
allocated in pairs: one buffer is active and the other buffer is
inactive. Actually, you can match up the output of lwptime.

Excellent Good Fair Poor Comments: If you would like a reply to
your comment, please submit your email address: Note: We may not respond
to all submitted comments. The special identifier self is used to define
the thread-local variable start.

Memory Allocations, Leaks, and Access Errors A memory leak can diminish
the performance of the computer by reducing the amount of available
memory. Once the buffers are switched, the newly inactive buffer is
copied out to the DTrace consumer. For example, startServer.

You will also need a supported version of Java installed. THREADPRIVATE
Common Checking The -xcommonchk option adds run time checking to detect
when a common block is defined THREADPRIVATE in some but not all program
units. d -c date The following D script can be used to determine the
distribution of user functions in a particular subject process: The
ufunc. Actually, you can match up the output of lwptime.

Misha Bykov is a staff software engineer currently working in the Sun
Studio sustaining group.

However, developers can use the pid, proc, and syscall providers in
conjunction with dbx to expedite the debugging process.

X startup script, there is no exec preceding the java command.

You may name experiments with a -o argument specifying a file name
including the name of the server, followed by ". The compiler can
generally perform many more optimizations than you can.

They are briefly described below.

Because there are no pointers pointing to the blocks, programs cannot
reference them, much less free them.

The data will be collected in the directory from where you will invoke
the start-collector. d, utilizes the built-in probefunc DTrace variable
and aggregations to collect data in memory. These are described in the
OpenMP User's Guide. Array Syntax Conformance Checking The -C option
also enables conformance checking of array syntax statements. These
actions can only be used if destructive actions have been explicitly
enabled. OpenMP supports two basic kinds of work-sharing constructs to
specify that work in a parallel region is to be divided among the
threads in the team. The functions command displays the exclusive and
inclusive user CPU time in seconds.

OpenMP Pragmas The OpenMP specification defines a set of pragmas. The
developer can utilize dbx to debug the stopped process.

The dtrace command prints aggregation results by default when the
process terminates. For example, startServer. The collect command
invokes the Sun Studio Collector. The pid provider can be used on
processes that are already running. The Performance Analyzer processes
the data and displays various metrics of performance at the level of the
program, the functions, the source lines, and the instructions.