Subject: No IP/1394 session at Next IETF meeting

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 16:15:28 -0800

All,

Does anyone have reasons for an IP/1394 session at the next IETF meeting?

The only remaining issues I am aware of center around bridges. The 1394
bridging
meeting occurs the same week as the IETF meeting. I would suggest folks
concerned
about IP and bridging attend the bridging WG meeting instead. This is my
plan.
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1394/1/

Unless someone comes forth with good reasons, we will not have an IP/1394
session at the next IETF meeting.

-myron

---

From: "Lawson, Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:06:54 -0600

Myron,
 What is the "release" status of the IPv4 over 1394 specification; i.e. when
will the current
Internet draft be voted upon and finalized?  The copy I have is dated
September 1998, is this the latest version?  I am curious because I would
like to know how stable the current spec is such that users could design
hw/sw to support this specification.  Do you know if this spec will also be
proposed as a IEEE standard or remain an IETF spec?  Your help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Hattig, Myron [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 1998 6:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: No IP/1394 session at Next IETF meeting

All,

-myron

---

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:32:59 -0800

Randy,

I've been waiting for Peter to publish the next version of the draft.
Peter???  ;-)This version should resolve a list of 14 editorial issues
with the draft. Note, there have been no issues, technical or editorial,
unrelated to bridges since the beginning of October.

After, or while we wait for, the next draft version we need to resolve
the issues with bridges, then I fully expect to do a WG LastCall, then
submit spec to IESG. The time it takes to complete the bridging
discussion determines the time it will take to complete the spec.

The bridge discussion had previously digressed to unproductive state.
I wanted to let things cool off, certain key people were not participating
in the discussion, and I was focused on the 1394 Trade Association Comdex
demo that included Ip/1394.  The 1394 TA demo is running fine at Comdex
(knock on wood), I think certain key people now have time for the
discussion, and I think tempers have cooled off, so I hope to resolve
the bridging issues in the next two weeks. I suspect we'll have a week
of discussion then a week for a pole.

Peter's proposal should help jump start the discussion. I'll read his
proposal then provide input.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

-myron

> From: Lawson, Randall [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, November 16, 1998 3:07 PM
> To: Hattig, Myron
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: No IP/1394 session at Next IETF meeting
>
>
> Myron,