Subject: Re: Unicast FIFO entry

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 01:01:53 EST

In a message dated 99-02-05 00:45:47 EST, [email-masked] writes:

<<All unit CSRs SHALL be located at or above address 0xFFFF F001 0000

I found a SEVERE problem by this restriction.

We can not utilize the capability for unified transaction prepared by OHCI. I
strongly disagree with this restriction.>>

Sounds like a solid technical argument for using a pair of Unicast_FIFO_Hi and
Unicast_FIFO_Lo entries in configuration ROM to describe the 48-bit address of
the unicast FIFO.

If that's what you suggest, Kenji, I agree---and will modify the next
Internet-Draft accordingly.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Kenji Fujisawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 13:58:16 +0900

>Internet-Draft accordingly.

I agree to use a pair of entries.
Can we use Unit_Location entry for this purpose?

Kenji Fujisawa