Subject: draft 13 issues

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:12:05 -0800

Here are my questions and comments about draft 13. Thanks Peter!

1) Signature is still in link fragment header. Signature
needs to be removed per our discussion that ended Jan
13th with the following mail I posted:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hattig, Myron [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 8:54 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: ARP, MCAP, signature
>
>
> It sounds like we have consensus; the signature should be removed from
> the link fragment header. In the case of async stream, we will use the
> source id in the GASP header. In the case of async writes, we will use
> the source id from the 1394 packet header.
>

2) I agree with the existence of 48 bit offset in unit directory. I
suggest the value of entry be just the 48 bit offset.

3) What is the "textual descriptor length" after "unicast FIFO offset"?

4) Owner of mapping in MCAP used to be identified by bus id and phy id in
MCAP header. Now owner must be identified by source id in GASP header. A
change in section 10.6 indicates this; however, the use of the term owner
occurs in sections 10.3 through 10.6. Something here must change, I suggest
the new section 10.2 MCAP message domain clearly define the term owner as
the 16 bit source id in the GASP header.

-myron