Subject: Draft-IETF-IP1394-IPv4-13

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 02:17:06 EST

As usual, an informal, unofficial version of the forthcoming Internet-Draft is
available as a PDF file at ftp://ftp.symbios.com/pub/standards/io/IETF/IP1394.
The file was generated from the same source manuscript used to create the
ASCII and Postscript files forwarded to the IETF Internet-Drafts editor. These
official copies should be posted to IETF FTP and web sites soon.

A companion document of interest to the working group, 99-005r0, may be
downloaded from the IEEE p1394a FTP site,
ftp://ftp.symbios.com/pub/standards/io/1394/P1394a (look in the /Documents
directory). This contains excerpts from the forthcoming P1394a draft for
recirculation ballot. The excerpts show how the GASP format and the network
protocol manager (renamed the broadcast channel manager, or BCM) are to be
standardized by P1394a.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Kenji Fujisawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:13:21 +0900

Hi,

Since I'm not familiar with CSR, this may be a stupid question.

"7.3 Unicast FIFO entry" says,
: The unicast_FIFO_offset field SHALL contain the offset, in quadlets,
: from the base address of initial register space, 0xFFFF F000 0000, to
: the address of the unicast FIFO register for the unit. All unit CSRs
: SHALL be located at or above address 0xFFFF F001 0000; therefore the
: value of unicast_FIFO_offset SHALL NOT be less than 0x4000.

If the unicast_FIFO_offset field in the ConfigROM has 24bit width,
it seems that the upper bound of the unicast FIFO is 0xFFFF F3FF FFFC.

Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,

Kenji Fujisawa