Subject: New work for IP1394?

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:59:16 -0700

THIS IS A STRAW POLL to gauge interest in a new work item for the IP over
IEEE 1394 working group. If there is sufficient interest, I will
investigate what's needed within the IETF to start the work.

The updated charter of the working group would consider two areas:

1) Enhancement of the protocol to make it suitable for operation for IEEE
P1394.1 bridges; and

2) A more efficient DMA architecture for unicast data transfer.

Of course, other areas may be considered if anyone suggests them.

PLEASE RESPOND, either on the reflector or to me directly, if you have
interest in this activity. I will report back to these reflectors within a
couple of weeks. The results will be summarized: only a count of interested
parties, not their affiliations.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Teener <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:03:29 -0700

I am interested.

=============================================================
Michael D. Johas Teener
Chief Technical Officer, Zayante, Inc.
269 Mt. Hermon Rd. #200, Scotts Valley, CA 95066-4000, USA
voice:+1-831-461-4901  fax:+1-831-461-1394 http://www.zayante.com
mailto:[email-masked] PGP ID 0x3179D202 http://xns.org/=Michael%20Teener

> ----------
> From:         Peter Johansson
> Sent:         Thursday, May 24, 2001 12:59 AM
> To:   IP1394
> Cc:   1394 TA; IEEE 1394
> Subject:      New work for IP1394?
>