Subject: [ipcdn] BPI MIB last call

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:28:45 -0500

Folks,

I would like to announce the beginning of the second, hopefully final) 
working group last call for the BPI MIB. Please send your comments to this 
mailing list. Note that this last call happens to end on the same day as 
the IPCDN meeting at the San Diego IETF.

As I have noted in previous email, there were a small number of changes 
required from the IETF MIB Doctor review, most importantly affecting 
docsBpiIpMulticastMapControl and docsBpiMulticastAuthControl.

I have not received any comments on the latest published draft -- except 
for the (somewhat unrelated) discussion about whether the BPI MIB must be 
implemented on DOCSIS 1.1 CMTSs. I believe the consensus answer is no; the 
BPI+ MIB should be (or must be made) sufficient to manage the state of both 
BPI and BPI+ cable modems. Incidentally, that is also Cisco's own position, 
despite my earlier doubts (due to SAID/SID collisions).

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn