Subject: [ipcdn] Signaling MIB - Draft 3 - Last Call - Clarification US/intl. requirements

From: "David De Reu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:41:19 +0100

Dear all,

To clarify upon the mapping from NCS signal to MIB object, and upon the
"US"/"international" objects, we suggest the following descriptions and
references to be added (or something along those lines):

- pktcSigDevRgCadence and pktcSigDevRsCadence

  DESCRIPTION
    "This object is used for non-ETSI systems only. ..."

- pktcSigPulseSignalTable

  DESCRIPTION
    "... This table only needs to be supported when the MTA device
    implements the NCS E-package. The signals defined in this table are
    triggered by the corresponding signals defined in the E-package."
  REFERENCE
     "TS 101 909-4 Specification"

- pktcSigDevRingCadenceTable

  For this object, I would also like to suggest different wording
  regarding the "LE SIGNAL message". Since the MTA does not directly
  communicate with a Local Exchange, the description might be changed as
  follows:

  DESCRIPTION
    "In V5.2, Cadence rings are defined by the telco governing body for
    each country. The MTA must be able to support various ranges of
    cadence patterns and cadence periods. The MTA will be able to
    support country specific provisioning of the cadence and idle
    period. There will be at most 3 on/off transitions per cadence
    period. Each cadence pattern will be assigned a unique value ranging
    from 1 to 128 (inclusive) corresponding to the value of x plus one,
    where x is the value sent in the cr(x) signal requested per the
    appropriate NCS message, and defined in the E-package. The MTA will
    derive the cadence periods from the ring cadence table entry as
    provisioned by the customer. Objects in this table do not persist
    across MTA reboots. This table only needs to be supported when the
    MTA device implements the NCS E-package."
  REFERENCE
     "TS 101 909-4 Specification"

- pktcSigDevStandardRingCadence and pktcSigDevRingSplashCadence

  DESCRIPTION
    "This object is used for ETSI systems only. ..."

- pktcSigDevToneTable

  The problem here is that some, but not all, tones will be specific to
  ETSI because the corresponding signal is (or will be) only defined in
  TS 101 909-4, and not in the PacketCable specifications. We may want
  to list these separately, e.g.
  
  "The following tones are used for ETSI systems only:
  alertingSignal(17), specialDial(18), specialInfo(19), release(20) and
  congestion(21). These tones are triggered by the corresponding NCS
  signals as defined in ETSI TS 101 909-4."

  Note for the editor: the final list may be different and/or have
  different OID's.
  
  A reference could also be added:
  
  REFERENCE
     "TS 101 909-4 Specification, PacketCable NCS specification"

Thanks,

David

_____________________________________________________
David De Reu
tComLabs
Stapelplein 70/004 - 9000 Ghent - Belgium
Tel: +32 9 269 22 91 - Fax: +32 9 329 31 74
www.tComLabs.com
_____________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn