Subject: [ipcdn] Changes to draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-09.txt

From: "Sumanth Channabasappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:37:20 -0700

All,
 
This email summarizes the comments received on SIG MIB draft - 08 and
the changes made before submission as draft - 09.

regards

Sumanth 

Link to draft-09:
(ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-09.t
xt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-signaling-08.t
xt> )

Outstanding issues:

- None

Recommendations not included:

- Comment from Jean-Francois via email on 9/15 in relation to the usage
of 'E Line Package' as part of the 'pktcSigDevRingCadence' MIB Object

Reasoning:

'E line package' and 'L Line package' are defined for usage in the
document and the MIB Objects are specific to them.

 

Summary of Changes:

Change

Reason

Renamed 'pktcSigDevToneFrequencyNumber' as 'pktcSigDevToneNumber'

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

Renamed 'pktcSigDevToneFreqSecCompMode' as 'pktcSigDevToneFreqMode'

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

Renamed 'pktcSigDevToneFreqSecCompPrtg' as
'pktcSigDevToneFreqAmpModePrtg'

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

Deleted 'pktcNcsEndPntConfigTxGain' and 'pktcNcsEndPntConfigRxGain'

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

Modified Description of 'pktcSigDevToneDbLevel'

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

(Phillip proposed new text for this MIB Object)

'pktcSigDevToneNumber' -> changed the cardinality from 5..16 to 1..8

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6. 2005

Moved 'pktcSigDevToneType' to the Tone Table

Incorporated; as per MIB doctor suggestion

Removed  'pktcSigDevToneNumFrequencies' 

Incorporated; as per draft editors' discussion on July 6, 2005

Recommendation: 'pktcSigDevToneNumber' was recommended to be made
'not-accessible'

Incorporated

Entries in the 'MultiFreqTable' were recommended to be made 'read-only'

Incorporated

For all frequencies in the 'MultiFreqTable', the recommendation was to
add a clarification to indicate that a value of '0' implied 'absence of
the frequency'.

Incorporated

Moved    

"pktcSigDevToneDbLevel" from SigDevToneTable to MultiFreqTable

Incorporated; as per Phillip's email on 8/9 

Change to the range for the MIB Object' pktcNcsEndPntConfigMaxHookFlash'

Incorporated; as per Eugene's email on 8/30

Follow-up by Phillip, consensus 9/2

Comments from Jean-Francois via email 09/15

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipcdn/current/msg01775.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipcdn/current/msg01775.html> 

Except the comment mentioned earlier, the rest were incorporated.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn