Subject: IETF Washington Meeting IPFC WG Summary

From: Murali Rajagopal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:20:55 -0800

Agenda:

1.	Draft Status: 

*	Title: A Framework for Fibre Channel MIBs - http
URL:draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-01.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-01.txt
>   Lee Hu, Vixel Corp.
*	Lee Hu indicated that he should be done with the draft by the next
meet and will be submitted as a Informational RFC. Lee gave a presentation
of the draft (01.txt) and indicated that the purpose was to provide a MIB
tree guide for the development of Fibre Channel related MIBs. One of the
missing pieces of the draft was the references to the existing MIBs.
*	Title: Fibre Channel Management Framework Integration MIB - http
URL:draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-01.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-01.tx
t>  David Black, EMC Corp. 
*	David Black gave a verbal status of the MIB and indicated that March
00 looked like  a likely date of completion and had slipped by 3 months.
David indicated that a large number of companies already had implementation
of this MIB.
*	Title: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fabric Element in
Fibre Channel Standard - http URL:draft-ietf-ipfc-fabric-element-mib-06.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fabric-element-mib-0
6.txt>  Kha Sin Teow - Brocade Communications
*	Kha Sin gave a very brief presentation on the latest additions to
the 06.txt document and was waiting to receive comments form Juergen
Schoenwaelder. Juergen who was in the room said he will review the material
and have it completed in the very near future. It appears that this document
is almost complete. Kha Sin also indicated that both Brocade, McDATA and
Ancor had implementations of this MIB.

2.	RFC 2625 Next Step:

*	Arrange for Interoperability Test
		It was agreed that a test would occur in the month of April
in Palm Dessert along with a regular  SNIA event. Andrea Westerinen who is
the SNIA Director volunteered to work with IPFC WG Chair to set this up. 
		It was generally understood that a  Test Suite covering the
RFC 2625 would be in sent to the WG and discussed over the IPFC reflector in
the coming weeks. Once this Test Suite is agreed upon in the IPFC WG this
will be distributed to all potential participants. Andrea plans to take this
to SNIA and get their input as well.
		The Test results called "Implementation Report" in IETF's
terminology would be written by the WG Chair and submitted to the IESG for
furthering the Standard.

*	Submit for DRAFT STD by June 00

 <<IETF-Washington.ppt>>