Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX MIB writeability proposal

From: "Thomas Dietz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 01:36:31 +0100

Dear IPFIX people,

I recently sent a mail about the writeability of the IPFIX MIB. We (the MIB
authors) would like to propose a compromise at the IPFIX session at IETF 67
on Thursday. Before presenting this solution we want to post it here that
you can make up your mind and think about it.

First of all I would like to divide the MIB in logical parts:

- Collector MIB
- Exporter MIB
  o Reporting with Session and Collector Group
  o Templates
  o Methods

The Collector MIB could be entirely read only because it basically only
collects traffic and doesn't need configuration.

The Exporter MIB needs some more detailed discussion:

- Reporting with Session (which is new and substitutes the collectors and
the instances) and Collector Group should be Read Write
- Templates should be read only
- Methods should be read only

We think this is a reasonable compromise between configurabilty and
complexity. Please think about it and be prepared for the session.

Best Regards,

Thomas

-- 
Thomas Dietz
Network Laboratories, NEC Europe Ltd., 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix