Subject: [IPFIX] IPv6 care-of and home address

From: "Schmoll, Carsten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:17:35 +0100

Dear gentle people,
 
how would I export an IPv6 care-of address and IPv6 home address?

Are there any specific IEs for that?
I did not find any in the info model.
 
If both are to be exported in one record I imagine using two
sourceIPv6Addresses in one template. Or should we define a
separate IEs to distinguish the two?
 
Best regards,
Carsten.
 
--
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory
theory and practice are the same but in practice they are not."

</>Dipl.Ing. Carsten Schmoll           Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS
[email-masked]         National Research Institute
Fraunhofer FOKUS / dept. ANTS       for Open Communication Systems
Tel: +49-30-3463-7136               Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
Fax: +49-30-3463-8000               D-10589 Berlin, Germany

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:56:28 +0100

Carsten,

I do understand how these addresses are associated with
an interface.  But how do you think are they associated
with a certain flow?

Thanks,

    Juergen

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:56:28 +0100

Carsten,

Thanks,

    Juergen

---

From: Andrew Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:27:14 +0000

> an interface.  But how do you think are they associated

That really depends on the common properties that define
Carsten's flow.  Perhaps these different properties could
part of an Option Template Record that provides information
on an interface.

However, it seems that "The IPv6 source address in the IP
packet header" is the wrong element to use these and new
ones should be requested if there is an application in
mind.

regards

Andrew

---

From: Andrew Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:27:14 +0000

regards

Andrew