Subject: [IPFIX] FW: Protocol Action: 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the Exchange' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:33:05 +0200

Congratulations to the editor and to the whole WG. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 10:33 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; ipfix chair; RFC Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the
Exchange' to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the Exchange '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies the IPFIX protocol that serves for transmitting
IP traffic flow information over the network.  In order to transmit IP
traffic flow information from an exporting process to an information
collecting process, a common representation of flow data and a standard
means of communicating them is required. This document describes how the
IPFIX data and templates records are carried over a congestion-aware
transport protocol from an IPFIX exporting process to an IPFIX
collecting process. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a regular WG document.  There is strong consensus in
the working group that this protocol is well-designed, and suitable for
its intended purpose.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The document was thoroughly reviewed by the IPFIX WG.  Bert Wijnen
performed the AD review. Furthermore, the IPFIX WG has run two
interoperability events, with five independent implementations tested
and working, demonstrating that the IPFIX documents are of a high
technical standard.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:33:05 +0200

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 10:33 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; ipfix chair; RFC Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Protocol Quality