Subject: Consensus on "IPv6 Multihoming with Route Aggregation"

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:35:45 -0700

At the September 1999 Tokyo IPng meeting a consensus was developed to move 
"IPv6 Multihoming with Route Aggregation" forward along with other 
multihoming approaches (e.g., "IPv6 multihoming support at site exit 
routers", source and destination address selection, etc.).  This was 
discussed again at the November 1999 Washington, DC IPng meeting.

The draft was revised based on comments (including renaming it to it's 
current title) and a two week working group last call was started on 23 Jun 
2000.  There was an active discussion on the IPng mailing list.

The IPng chairs believe that there is still a consensus to move the 
document forward to Informational.  There were a few active dissenters, but 
the chairs believe that this draft is a useful part of the IPv6 multihoming 
framework and that there is still a consensus to request that the IESG 
published it as an Informational RFC.

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering
IPng Chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------