Subject: look for information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:35:38 +0800

Hi, I need some information about the possibility to support IP directly
over SDH, without passing through ATM.
Have you some titles of articles and other references for helping me?
    Thanks in advance

                   xubo
E-mail:[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:59:01 +0200 (MET DST)

> Have you some titles of articles and other references for helping me?

Hi all!

Please direct your answers to this list, I'm interested in this, too.
 
All I found so far are some rfc's (2171-2176) describing Multiple Access
Protocol over SDH/SONET (MAPOS). The informational rfc2176 talks about
'IPv4 over MAPOS', but I found nothing similar for IPv6. 

Regards,
    Christian

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:28:21 -0400

> over SDH, without passing through ATM.

See RFC 2615. IP isn't generally run directly over Sonet/SDH. Rather,
people run IP over PPP over Sonet/SDH. The market seems to think this
is quite adequate.

Thomas