Subject: Advise / Help needed

From: "kwtung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:52:35 +0800

hi all,

sorry for disturb.
is anyone there know how to configure kernal forr redhat 6.0 or redhat 6.1
kernal to
support IPV6 ?

thanks,
best regards,
kwtung

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:00:57 +0900

In article <001001bff8d5$c30265e0$181f8ea1@hhorgan> (at Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:52:35 +0800), "kwtung" <[email-masked]> says:

> kernal to support IPV6 ?

Configure in normal way. Please be sure to use linux-2.2.x or later and 
to enable "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers" option 
or you don't see "The IPv6 Protocol" option etcetra in "Networking options."

Good luck!

If you have further questions on configuring ipv6 kernel, please mail 
them to linux-ipv6 or netdev list.

-- 
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <[email-masked]>
Web Page: http://www.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/%7Eyoshfuji/
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Matti Aarnio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 00:17:27 +0300

> is anyone there know how to configure kernal forr redhat 6.0 or redhat 6.1

	Yes.  Details offline.

	However at those two distributions the userspace is *not* entirely
	IPv6 supporting.  (Neither is RedHat 6.2 quite there.)
	Nevertheless it hasn't prevented me from hacking with IPv6 for
	past three years.

> kwtung

/Matti Aarnio