Subject: Re: Revised IPng Working Group Charter

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:48:00 +0200

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 11:25:36AM -0400, Scott Bradner wrote:
> 
> if the only thing the redirector does is forward out a special port to
> a particular server (or tunnel to the server) and all the servers
> are running as if they are using the same IP address this should work - but
> many redirectors operate as NAT boxes and fiddle with the IP addresses
> in the IP header which breaks IPSec 

Well, NAT breaks a lot of things which where given in original IPv4 and which
hopefully will be possible again with IPv6...

Somehow, the original problem of this thread smells like we would want
Anycast Adresses as the solution to it. However, I'm not aware they're 
really implemented already, especially not with TCP.

	-is

-- 
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of
   smart terminals.  -- [email-masked] (obscurity)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------