Subject: multicast address type?

From: Christophe Janneteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:07:33 +0200

Dear all,

I am wondering if there exist (in IPv6) a well-known multicast address
type that would allow a host in subnet 'A' to send an IP packet to all
nodes in a subnet 'B'. I am aware of the link-local all-node multicast
address but what I am looking for is the same support when the sender is
not attached to that link.

Thanks for your help.
Christophe.

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:38:20 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:07:33 +0200, 
>>>>> Christophe Janneteau <[email-masked]> said:

> not attached to that link.

I guess you mean equivalents of subnet broadcast addresses in IPv4.
In my understanding, there are no such address types in IPv6 (correct
me if I'm wrong).

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------