Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-default-addr-select-01.txt

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:00:39 -0700

I sent this in earlier today. I believe this revision resolves all the open
issues.

ftp://ftp.research.microsoft.com/users/richdr/draft-ietf-ipngwg-default-addr
-select-01.txt.

The main changes from the previous version:

   Changed the candidate set definition so that the strong host model 
   is recommended but not required. Added a rule to source address 
   selection to prefer addresses assigned to the outgoing interface. 

   Simplified the destination address selection algorithm, by having it 
   use source address selection as a subroutine. 

   Added a rule to source address selection to handle anonymous/public 
   addresses. 

   Added a rule to source address selection to handle home/care-of 
   addresses. 

   Changed to allow destination address selection to sort both IPv6 and 
   IPv4 addresses. Added entries in the default policy table for IPv4-
   mapped addresses. 

   Changed default precedences, so v4-compatible addresses have lower 
   precedence than 6to4 addresses. 

As usual, comments welcomed...

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------