Subject: definition of gai_strerror()

From: Jason R Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:07:20 -0800

In section 6.1, draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-03.txt defines
gai_strerror() as:

	char *gai_strerror(int ecode);

Is it intended that gai_strerror() return writeable strings, or are
they intended to be string constants?  If the latter, then it seems
prudent to change the definition to:

	const char *gai_strerror(int ecode);

...and if we do want to change it, then we should notify the POSIX
guys ASAP.

-- 
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <[email-masked]>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:25:28 -0600

good catch Jason...and your right (yes it is constant)..
I will fix things like this before the last draft for the rfc editor.
I will find someone to go talk to austin.  I don't now that I am at nokia.
but I still know the austin folks.
/jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Jason R Thorpe [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday,February 16,2001 2:07 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: definition of gai_strerror()
> 
>