Subject: ND Router Advertisements using Unicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:16:17 -0600

Folks,

I cannot see any reason from ND spec why I would not be able to send out ND
Router Advertisements to Clients using Unicast?

Anyone disagree?

thanks
/jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:43:09 -0800

> Router Advertisements to Clients using Unicast?

Sure you can send them, just make sure the target client is on the same
link, or they will be silently discarded when TTL<255.

-- 
T.J. Kniveton
NOKIA Research