Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:10:39 -0600

Steve, et al (authors),

This draft is very good.  No issues from me.

From the draft:
Authors' note to selves:  The Working Group seemed to be 
          in favor of allowing all zone indices for all scopes to 
          have unique values in a sin6 scope id field, e.g., by 
          using the first four bits of the scope id to identify the 
          scope [using the same encoding as the scop field in 
          multicast addresses], and placing the zone id in the 
          remaining 28 bits.  This would probably be best specified 
          the advanced API spec, rather than here.) 

I agree this was consensus.

I am ok if its specified here, in the Advanced API, or if you give me the
exact words on the mailing list I can put it in the Base API which will be
going to IESG for new Info RFC number.  That way its a done deal.  I can put
it in the final edit for the IESG.   THen it will also end up in the IEEE
1003.1 std for Base IPv6 API too.

regards,
/jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------