Subject: draft-haberman-ipngwg-auto-prefix-00.txt: header field

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 15:24:06 +0900

hello, if you don't have specific reasons, could you swap header
	fields as follows?  the new one should be easier for people to
	implement... yes, i'm planning to implement and test this.
	hope this is not too late.

itojun

5.1 Prefix Request

00 draft:
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |S|Prefix Length|     Routing Capabilities      |    Reserved   |  

my proposed order:
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |S|Prefix Length|    Reserved   |     Routing Capabilities      |

5.2 Prefix Delegation

00 draft:
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |S|Prefix Length|           Lifetime            |    Rt Proto   |  

my proposed order:
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             | 
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ 
     |S|Prefix Length|    Rt Proto   |             Lifetime          |
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 17:20:57 +0900

>         The change seems entirely reasonable. I'll make the change in the 
>next draft.

	thanks! (hope i did not break exisitng 00 implementations...)

>         Glad to hear you're planning on implementing! I'm anxious to hear 
>how it goes....

	I would like to see official ICMPv6 type #s :-)
	I hope to send some "how we plan to use" document later.

itojun

---

From: "James Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 23:56:28 -0800

- Jim