Subject: Re: Patent Statement

From: Dan Lanciani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:03:35 -0500 (EST)

|Toshiba Corporation hereby declares that if its technology defined in the draft proposed
|by Sony and Toshiba as "draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-00.txt" is included
|in a specification agreed by the IETF, it is prepared to license
|its Japanese Patent Application No.2000-036693 to any applicants
|for use in products which are in compliance with the specification
|under reasonable terms and conditions that are demonstrably
|free of any unfair competition, provided that such applicant
|obtaining such license from Toshiba agrees to license to Toshiba
|its patents necessary for Toshiba to practice the above mentioned
|specification, if any, on a reciprocal basis.

If the IETF would like to use the similar "technology" that I described
on this list back in 1999 (refer to portable identifier thread), I'll put
it in the public domain. :)

				Dan Lanciani
				[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------