Subject: IPSec for IPv6 on Linux available !!!!

From: "Florian Heissenhuber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:37:03 +0100

Hi,

we like to announce the availability of the first IPSec 
implementation for IPv6 running on Linux. 

This implementation is based on FreeS/WAN 1.8 
(http://www.freeswan.org).

The implementation of IPSec tunnel mode and the integration in 
FreeS/WAN was done by IABG as part of the EU project 6INIT 
(http://www.6init.org). There's still much work to do 
but this is the first running IPsec implementation for IPv6 on Linux.

Currently the following features have been tested successfully:
- IPv6 tunnel mode on gateways
- Encryption algorithm: 3DES
- Authentication algorithm: MD5
- Tested with Linux kernel 2.4.0 test 9 (others might work)
- Tested with static routing
- Tested with manual address configuration

For detailed information, please read the README and INSTALL
documents included in the distribution.

You may download FreeS/WAN with IPv6 support from the following URL:
http://www.ipv6.iabg.de/downloadframe/index.html

If you have any problems downloading the distribution please send me 
an e-mail!

Regards,

Florian Heissenhuber 

__________________________________________________________________

Florian Heissenhuber   
IABG, Communication Networks 
  
Email: [email-masked]
URL:   www.iabg.de
       www.ipv6.iabg.de

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------