Subject: site = organization = /48?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:50:11 +0300

Am I completely wrong, if I think, that in practice site-local and
organization-local will often both mean the same thing: /48, i.e. one
network of subnetworks identified with the 16-bit extensions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:59:09 -0600

> network of subnetworks identified with the 16-bit extensions?

I imagine so ... but be careful not to mix up the nomenclature for
unicast address scopes with the multicast scopes!  Only multicast has
an "organization-local scope".
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------