Subject: UNH IPv6 Testing at Connectathon2001

From: William Lenharth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:34:00 -0500

This message is transmitted to the IPng list at the request of the Area 
Director for IPv6 Working
   group.

      ***********************************************************************
		A report on the IPv6 Testing at Connectaton2001
      ***********************************************************************

	Three full days of testing in the areas, General Spec. testing , RIPng, 
and Mobility for IPv6.

	Companies that participated:  SUN Microsystems, HP, SGI, Matsushita, 
Ericsson, Nokia,
	Microsoft, Ericsson-Telebit,  Helsinki University of Technology, Compaq, 
and Tahi / Kame.

	Most base spec. testing was executed without a serious problem being 
noted.   The RIPng
	testing was also executed without serious problem.

	The mobility testing consisted of conformance testing against the IETF 
specification.  All
	vendors had some minor issues, the following issue / problems were also 
noted.  It was
	unclear in some cases that an ICMP message should be sent when a bad 
packet was 	encountered.  Also, if you try to remove a binding update that 
was previously removed
	in some cases implementations would acknowledge it with a reject 
status.   It was felt that
	it should be accepted so that the status was clear.

	For more info contact: [email-masked], [email-masked]

      ***********************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------