Subject: NAPT - STATEFULL

From: "Emanuel Moreira" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 2001 16:54:51 -0000

NAPT NT4
     MIcrosoft Research 1.4

    ------------           --------------     ------------
    | IPv4      |----------| NAPT       |-----|IPv6      |
    -------------          --------------     ------------

This is the cenario.
I've configured the NAPT in statefull configuration, but it doesn't work at all. I can ping from the NApt to the IPv4 machine and from the NApt to the IPV6 machine and vice-versa. But the NAPT dosen't make the translation of the packets IPv4->IPv6 or IPv6->IPv4. 
 I've made the configuration in the key register like:

193.136.92.246 beef:feed::1234:5678
3ffe:1cff::bead:ed:cafe:deed 192.168.10.1

This are the only lines I have.
I have routes for the IPv6 packets go out to the iPv6 world, but not for IPv4 because I think it's automaticaly.
The NAPT has created a translator interface. So why does it not works ? Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks 
Emanuel Moreira

_____________________________________________________________
O e-mail preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------