Subject: 114 messages!!!???

From: ryan elson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:27:57 -0500

I just went into my inbox and had to download 114 ipng messages (and
only ipng messages) of various dates...
has anybody else noticed this?  I mean that is a rediculous amount of
messages to go through.  I wasn't thrilled.  If I were on 56k i really
wouldn't be happy having to hang my connection up for 20 minutes just to
download email messages which should have ended up in my inbox ages ago
but not all at once.
Not my pop server doing this.
:(
I was just annoyed at the sheer volume of messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:18:37 +0000 (GMT)

Yes, I had this too.   Interestingly the messages did not show up as
new, so I'm wondering if my version of pine was misinterpreting some form
of digest message that someone accidentally sent out.

Tim

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:41:30 +0100

> of digest message that someone accidentally sent out.

I didn't see this.
	-is

---

From: Ville Nummela <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 12:39:13 +0200

> of digest message that someone accidentally sent out.

And, to be more interesting: My gnus suddenly decided that the ipng
group is no longer uidvalid. 

-- 
 |   [email-masked] home: +358-40-5075560
 |     IRC naturae alienum est! Periculosum est! Delendum est! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:01:37 +0100 (CET)

> of digest message that someone accidentally sent out.

Quite odd.
My imap client (roam) also had all the messages marked as already read
in my inbox.

  Erik

---

From: Jim Stephenson-Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:28:15 -0800

I also saw this, I am using Netscape mail. Many of the messages were 
from the beginning of the year, Netscape had flagged them as unread 
though. I saw nothing unusual on our mail server.

Jim