Subject: Setting Traffic Class using setsockopt

From: "chakri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:47:52 +0530

I am trying to set traffic class field using IPv6 sockets.
When I use a struct sockaddr_in6 (with SOCK_DGRAM or SOCK_STREAM) I can't
set the fields (there are always in 0, i check it with ethereal).
I tried using IPV6_FLOWINFO_SEND, but connect () errs " invalid argument"
Any pointers?
-Chakri

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:48:16 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:47:52 +0530, 
>>>>> "chakri" <[email-masked]> said:

> set the fields (there are always in 0, i check it with ethereal).

See Section 6.5 of draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-05.txt.
(note, however, that this option is quite new and few OSes support
this.)

> I tried using IPV6_FLOWINFO_SEND, but connect () errs " invalid argument"

I've never heard IPV6_FLOWINFO_SEND.  This is at least a non-standard
option that you should not depend on.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------