Subject: Re: Flow Label

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:20:45 -0500 (EST)

> > why do folk think that ISPs half way around the world would find it useful
> > to know what the sending computer wanted for QoS?

> because the sending computer (application) knows the nature of the traffic?

without a way for the remote ISP to get paid for treating the traffic in
some way other then best-effort I do not see that this helps

Scott
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:28:25 -0800 (PST)

> some way other then best-effort I do not see that this helps

   Are you claiming that RFC 3182 (nee 2752) is 
   inadequate for interdomain?

		  Mike