Subject: ping6 with IPSEC policy

From: "IPSix Developer" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 05:57:12 -0000

1) In our FreeBSD machines, kernel is compiled with
IPSEC options (IPSEC, IPSEC_ESP, IPSEC_DEBUG) . While trying ping6 
using the configured
policy (using: ping6 -P <policyname> <destaddr>), the message 
"unable to set IPSEC policy" is coming. Any soulution for this?

2)

consider the following setup (All are FreeBSD machines):

H1----R1-----R2-----R3------H2

Policies (AH, Tunnelmode, hmac-md)are configured successfully in 
R1 and R3.
When Ping6 is initiated from H1 to H2, packets coming
 from R1 do not contain AH header. But there is a reply
 from H2 without AH header. How to make R1 to send
IP packets with Security headers.

thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:51:22 +0100

We have issued a draft 

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richier-dstm-vpn-00.txt

This draft documents a way to use current specification of DSTM, to
access to a IPv4 network from a remote IPv6 network.