Subject: Proxy ARP Under IPv6

From: "Dave Saunders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:06:06 -0500

What is the equivalent solution to Proxy ARP under IPv6? I am working on
a system that needs to have a single interface collect packets that are
not necessarily destined for it.

Thanks,

Dave

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:25:45 +0200 (EET)

> not necessarily destined for it.

Proxy Neighbour Advertisements, see RFC2461 7.2.8 etc.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:33:56 +1100

Hi Dave, 

	Neighbour Discovery is used for this

	Please read RFC2461 for details.

		Greg Daley