Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.txt

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:25:58 -0800

Looks good to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 4:01 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Note about the Use of IPv6 /127 Prefix Length
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 20-Feb-02
	
In some cases, the operational decision may be to use IPv6 /127
prefix lengths, especially on point-to-point links.  Under certain
situations, this may lead to one router claiming both addresses due
to subnet-router anycast being implemented.  This draft discusses the
issue and offers a couple of solutions to the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.t
xt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-ipv6-127-prefixlen-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------