Subject: summary of necessary changes for rfc2292bis

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:08:33 +0900

There seems to be no further arguments on the rfc2292bis draft.

The followings are a summary of necessary changes to the latest (05)
revision of the draft (as far as I understand):

- 6.1: add a forward reference to Section 6.7 about the outgoing
       interface selection
- 6.2: IPV6_PKTINFO should be forbidden for TCP
- 9.2: make it more clear that the recommended header ordering
       (described in RFC2460) is just a limitation in this particular
       API.
- 11.2: add EMSGSIZE as an additional error (like in Section 6.6)
- 11.5: remove this section (about IPV6_REACHCONF)

No other changes will be made in the next revision.  In particular,

- definitions for an ongoing stuff such as mobile IPv6 will not be
  included.
- IPV6_RTHDRDSTOPTS will be kept.
- the overriding rule for sticky options described in Section 4.2 will
  be unchanged.

I'll soon make the changes above and submit the 06 revision of the
draft.  If I miss something, please point it out.

Thanks,

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:32:59 -0500

JINMEI Tatuya wrote:
...
> - 6.2: IPV6_PKTINFO should be forbidden for TCP
...

I guess I missed the discussion above the above bullet.  I
don't believe it should be explicitely forbidden.  Specifying
the outgoing interface may be a useful feature.

-vlad
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vladislav Yasevich		Tel: (603) 884-1079
Compaq Computer Corp.		Fax: (435) 514-6884
110 Spit Brook Rd ZK03-3/T07
Nashua, NH 03062
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:54:28 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:32:59 -0500, 
>>>>> Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]> said:

> the outgoing interface may be a useful feature.

Oops, I oversimplified this item.  It should have been:

  if the ipi6_addr member for IPV6_PKTINFO on a TCP socket is non the
  unspecified address, the call should fail.

(FYI: the current text is:
 the ipi6_addr member should be ignored when the option is specified
 for a TCP socket)

Thanks for the correction.

					JINMEI, Tatuya

---

From: Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:23:17 -0500

>   unspecified address, the call should fail.

OK.  That works for me.

Thanks
-vlad 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vladislav Yasevich		IPv6 Project Lead
Compaq Computer Corp.		
110 Spit Brook Rd ZK03-3/T07	Tel: (603) 884-1079
Nashua, NH 03062		Fax: (435) 514-6884
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:09:31 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:08:33 +0900, 
>>>>> JINMEI Tatuya <[email-masked]> said:

> draft.  If I miss something, please point it out.

I submitted the 06 revision yesterday, but it will be available a bit
later because this is a busy season.

For the moment, a local copy of the draft is available at
http://www.kame.net/~jinmei/draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-06.txt

When it is officially out, I'll ask the chairs for the second last
call.

					JINMEI, Tatuya