Subject: IPv6 cellular hosts draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 04:02:31 -0000

There seems to be a lot of overlap between this draft and both the proposed
IPv6 node requirements draft, and the IPv6 over 3GPP PDP contexts draft. Is
the working group willing to tolerate this for the sake of getting something
done in time for the R5 deadline? I'm concerned that this will result in yet
more confusion for the cellular network community. If we have a node
requirements document and an IPv6 over 3GPP document, what is the purpose of
the cellular hosts document?

Mat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:46:41 +0200

Hi Mat,

> requirements document and an IPv6 over 3GPP document, what is 
> the purpose of the cellular hosts document?

If at the time that there is a IPv6 over Foo document with RFC status
and a IPv6 Node Requirements document that is an RFC, then
the information document can be made obsolete.

John