Subject: Multiple link local addresses

From: "Vinayak Prabhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:03:34 +0530

Hi,

Can a node have multiple link local addresses?

Regards,
Vinu

---

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:21:48 -0800

> Can a node have multiple link local addresses?

There is nothing to prevent a node from having multiple link local
addresses, but what would be the value? The only thing it would appear
to do is consume resources on the node that has multiple addresses, and
require all other nodes to decide which address to use when talking to
it.

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------