Subject: RE: Multiple link local addresses

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:01:33 -0500

we actually permit this at the Data Link but it must appear as one ll to the ip layer.
/jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tony Hain [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 3:22 PM
> To: Vinayak Prabhu; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Multiple link local addresses
> 
> 
> Vinayak Prabhu wrote:
> > Can a node have multiple link local addresses?
> 
> There is nothing to prevent a node from having multiple link local
> addresses, but what would be the value? The only thing it would appear
> to do is consume resources on the node that has multiple 
> addresses, and
> require all other nodes to decide which address to use when talking to
> it.
> 
> Tony
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
> IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
> FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
> Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------