Subject: RE: PPP and Global Addresses

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:27:36 +0100

> 1) The portions of DHCP that are required for post-addr-conf (sorry,
  >    don't have a better name for this) are pretty minimal, and I'm
  >    pretty sure that one can write conforming DHCP clients 
  > and servers
  >    that only implement that part of the DHCP spec (more 
  > precisely, the
  >    only thing that such implementations would have to do with the
  >    complex part of the spec would be to ignore the messages without
  >    crashing).  Ralph, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
  > 

=> I don't have a great knowledge of DHCP but 
wouldn't this simply message still require
a relay agent? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:33:44 -0500

At Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:27:36 +0100, Hesham Soliman wrote:
> 
> I don't have a great knowledge of DHCP but wouldn't this simply
> message still require a relay agent?

That's one way to do it.  Another would be clever use of multicast.