Subject: Neighbor Discovery Clarification

From: "Kunapareddy R B" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 07:37:59 -0000

Hi all,

I am new to this group. I might be asking simple questions. Can 
u
clarify the following.

*. Router Can be configured automatically as part of
Autoconfiguration.

*. How can One ensure the autoconfiguration address must   be
             Global Address or
             Site Local Address or
             Link Local Address

Regards
Kunapareddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:25:57 -0800

> *. How can One ensure the autoconfiguration address must   be

You are asking implementation specific questions, so the more
appropriate forum might be with your vendors. In general, if a
non-router is auto-configuring, it will create which ever address scope
its configuration policy says to, but link-local must be part of the
set. Routers may or may-not auto-configure, so you need to take that up
with your vendor.

Tony