Subject: Are there Multicast route protocols for IPv6?

From: jpxiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:9:18 +0800

hi,everyone!
    There are many multicast route protocols for IPv4 ,eg PIM-SM,MOSPF and DVMRP.And I wonder whether those protocols can used in IPv6. 
    Thinks very much
							Thompson 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:45:00 -0500

The updated PIM-SM spec contains support for IPv6.  Take a look at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-05.txt.

Also, OSPFv3 (OSPF for IPv6) supports multicast as well, that is
available at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2740.txt.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:04:37 +0000 (GMT)

Also, there are open implementations, such as PIM-SM in FreeBSD.

Tim