Subject: RE: Making Autoconfig Optional [Was RE: draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular- host-00.txt -> wg last call?]

From: "Karim El-Malki (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:25:16 +0100

> PS: I'd like to get this (DAD considerations) for PPP in general.

Agreed. I'd also be in favour of allowing PPP links on which there's
some form of prefix delegation (doesn't have to be a prefix del. protocol)
to disable DAD. Some more work is needed on RFC2472, which was also one
of the outputs of the ipv6-3gpp design team.
Can the chairs allow for a short discussion on this?

/Karim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:14:39 +0100

=> I answer to Robert Elz and Jim too: I agree the document to fix
is the RFC 2472 (IPv6 over PPP), not the RFC 2462 (autoconf) or
a new IPv6 over foo (only because foo is PPP).

=> perhaps this is the time to revisit RFC 2472 (many things have changed
in PPP, for instance ROHC).

Thanks

[email-masked]