Subject: Traffic class

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:41:01 +0100

Hello,

The IPv6 header specifies the traffic class field. From RFC 2460 (IPv6 
spec.) I understand that it basically is the ipv6 equivalent of the DS 
byte in the IPv4 header. Is there an RFC/a draft specifying the traffic 
class encoding for the different PHBs (similar to RFC 2597/RFC 2598 for AF 
and EF in the IPv4 world)?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide,

        Francis.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:08:51 +0100

Please read RFC 2474 again. There is no difference between IPv4 and IPv6 as far
as diffserv is concerned.

   Brian

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> The IPv6 header specifies the traffic class field. From RFC 2460 (IPv6 spec.) I understand that it basically is the ipv6
> equivalent of the DS byte in the IPv4 header. Is there an RFC/a draft specifying the traffic class encoding for the different
> PHBs (similar to RFC 2597/RFC 2598 for AF and EF in the IPv4 world)?
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------