Subject: RE: DAD in 2g/3g hosts (was: Review comments on IPv6 for Second and Third Generation Cellular Hosts)

From: "Karim El-Malki (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:11:12 +0200

> Can you site a particular passage in the 3GPP specs that 
 > prohibits the GGSN
 > from allocating any addresses (for its own use) within the 
 > prefix assigned to each
 > PDP context?  If so, DupAddrDetectTransmits=0 is fine.

Here is part of the approved change to 23.060 under the
section "Dynamic IPv6 Address Allocation":

"The GGSN shall not use the prefix advertised to the MS to
configure an address on any of its interfaces."

So it would be OK to suppress DADs in this case.

/Karim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:17:21 -0400

Great!  I guess I don't have the most recent version of 23.060...

I'm satisfied.

Margaret