Subject: Re: ICMP protocol filtering

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:46:04 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:14:15 -0500, 
>>>>> David Lehmann <[email-masked]> said:

>> Yes, anyone can basically raise their own requests at any time, but
>> whether the requests are accepted or not depends on the timing...IMO,
>> just saying "this could be useful" cannot be a reason to adopt the
>> request at this stage, and, honestly, I don't see much benefit of
>> the idea comparing to the status of the document.  (But, of course, I
>> may be wrong or be biased, so I'll hear from others' opinions for a
>> while.)

> I agree that my sole opinion is not enough to adopt a change.

I've been watching the list for a while, but there has been no
positive support for the proposal (except for the original request).

So I'd like to conclude that the requested feature will not be added
to the rfc2292bis spec.

(Actually there has been no strong objection either.  But I believe
the decision above is fair, considering the current status of the
draft.)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------