Subject: RE: Stateless DNS discovery draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:27:45 -0700

> At Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:13:04 -0700, jonne soininen wrote:
> > 
> > I may be wrong but Rob's and Hesham's discussion about configuration
> > of the node (at this point) is to my opinion a bit off-tack from the
> > original discussion.
> 
> I think it's the same discussion.  YMMV.

Maybe I was not totally clear what I was trying to say. What I was trying to say was that the dns discovery draft does not (though the name would indicate so) talk about discovery, or configuration - just what would be the well known address where the DNS server is located. There is no configuration involved. 

- Jonne.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
> IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
> FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
> Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:08:07 -0400

At Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:27:45 -0700, jonne soininen wrote:
> 
> Maybe I was not totally clear what I was trying to say. What I was
> trying to say was that the dns discovery draft does not (though the
> name would indicate so) talk about discovery, or configuration -
> just what would be the well known address where the DNS server is
> located. There is no configuration involved.

No, I understood what you meant, but it's still configuration.

Well-known address == configuration data in the routing system.