Subject: Prefix delegation discussion

From: Nathan Lutchansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:58:32 -0400

I would like to apologize to the members of this working group for not
having been available for the last month.  I've been moving to upstate New
York to take a job with the U.S. Air Force Research Lab, where I will have
the opportunity to carry on my work with the IETF and the IPv6 and ngtrans
working groups.

Although I unfortunately was unable to attend the meeting in Minneapolis,
Steve Deering presented my prefix delegation draft in my absence, and I
owe my gratitude to him.  Hopefully some progress was made in choosing a
mechanism for prefix delegation.

At this point, I'm no longer sure that a router advertisement option as 
described in my draft would be the best mechanism.  The latest APD draft 
has resolved a number of problems I had with the protocol.

If there is anybody who is a proponent of the technique described by
draft-lutchann-ipv6-delegate-option who would like to assume authorship of
the document, please contact me privately.  I would prefer that the draft
be maintained by somebody who feels more strongly about the issue than I 
do.  -Nathan

-- 
+-------------------+---------------------+------------------------+
| Nathan Lutchansky | [email-masked] |  Lithium Technologies  |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  I dread success.  To have succeeded is to have finished one's   |
|  business on earth...  I like a state of continual becoming,     |
|  with a goal in front and not behind. - George Bernard Shaw      |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+