Subject: Failure of Source Address

From: "Buraga, Partha S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:47:59 -0700

Hi 

 In Multihoming scenario, Let us assume that, we selected a source IP
address, 
 using IP_HDRINCLD(IPV4) option, for outgoing packet. 

 My doubts are,

 1) If selected address( NIC ) fails, Will the packet be delivered into
 network ?
 2) What will be the source address of outgoing packet ?
 3) What is the path(interface )selected by Kernel to deliver the packet
into network ?

 In IPV6, there is no IP_HDRINCLD option.
 4) How can we select Source address in IPV6

thanks in advance
partha

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------