Subject: RE: Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (aaa)

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:39:28 +0200

> => why do you speak about PANA? The request is clearly for 
  > a document
  > about AAA and Mobile IPv6.

=> PANA is the interface between the MN and 
the visited/Home network. I consider that
interface to be part of AAA. At least the 
first 2 A's.

  >    I don't even know if it is a AAA WG draft.
  >    
  > => the name can answer to your question: this is not an AAA 
  > WG draft,
  > mainly because MIPv6 is still far from last call.

=> I don't think that's the reason at all, but 
this is a discussion for another thread and mailing
list. 

Hesham
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:56:49 +0200

=> I like PANA but I have to disagree: PANA is only one possible
interface between the MN and the AAA system. You can use some other
interfaces like PPP, IEEE 802.1X, etc (fortunately because no PANA
protocol is really available today :-).

=> this is the reason given at an AAA session in an IETF meeting
(but I could not attend this session so this is what the other authors
of the I-D explained to me).

   this is a discussion for another thread and mailing list. 
   
=> I agree: this discussion has nothing to do in this mailing list.

Regards

[email-masked]