Subject: raw ipv6 sockets - sin6_scope_id

From: user user <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 05:24:32 -0700 (PDT)

hello,

what should be filled in the sin6_scope_id field of
the sockaddr_in6 structure ?  

Is it the interface index ? If yes, how do I determine
the interface index of my ethernet card ?

ifconfig says:
<ipv6 addr> Scope:Link

------

I need it bcoz I'm trying to send a msg over raw ipv6
sockets and the sendto() function gives the following
error at run-time:

invalid argument

-------

Does anyone know of pointers to example programs for
ipv6 raw sockets ?

waiting for QUICK responses,
thanks in advance.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
http://taxes.yahoo.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------