Subject: Re: Re: [mobile-ip] RE: RFC 2462 DAD optimization

From: bkhabs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

>On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:10:31  0300 Markku Savela <[email-masked]>
wrote.
>> From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
>
>> Another detail: before doing DAD, the solicited group must be joined
>> and this is another cause of collisions when implementations are buggy
>> (i.e., no new report should be sent because the node is already a member
>> of the group).
>
>What report? Solicited node is LINKLOCAL group, there is no need to
>send any joins on those? Or is some weird multilink hack again
>breaking the basic assumptions about Link Local?

RFC 2710 requires that nodes listening to a multicast group of scope
2 or greater (excluding ALL-NODES) to participate in the MLD protocol.
It is intended to allow for proper behavior with the use of IGMP/MLD
snooping switches.

Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------