Subject: ipv4 to ipv6 conversion tool

From: "cj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:33:27 +1000

G'day folks
I have just started looking into this ipv6
what I was wandering is there an ipv4 to ipv6 conversion tool.
ie I type in an ipv4 ip address and it gives me the equivalent ipv6 address

Thanks in advance
CJ
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:41:38 +0900 (JST)

> ie I type in an ipv4 ip address and it gives me the equivalent ipv6 address

sed 's/^/::ffff:/'

--yoshfuji

---

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:09:28 -0700

cj wrote:
> what I was wandering is there an ipv4 to ipv6 conversion 
> tool. ie I type in an ipv4 ip address and it gives me the 
> equivalent ipv6 address
> 

It is clear from the question you are just starting to look at this. I
would respectfully suggest you invest time in reading a couple of IPv6
books. 

Tony