Subject: RE: Your Appeal Regarding Site-Local Deprecation (Was: Consensus on Site-Local Addressing)

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 21:13:02 -0700

Jim,

> Jim Bound wrote:
> [using private addresses]
> Bottom line is users should not use them.

Bottom line is that nobody tells me what to do on my network and
certainly not the IETF.

> I don't agree with you that customers will do as you say.

Maybe you should listen more to customers, because the have, they are
and they will.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 08:32:30 +0300 (EEST)

> Bottom line is that nobody tells me what to do on my network and

Sure.  You're free to shoot yourself in the foot if you wish.  Or if 
you're really confident that you can hit between your toes and not harm, 
that's fine too.

Just don't expect the IETF to "support" every model the network is run.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 22:37:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Bottom line is that nobody tells me what to do on my network and

I hear that Ted Kaczynski's shack is for sale.

       Mike