Subject: PPP - Address autoconfiguration question

From: Siva Veerepalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:15:42 -0700

If a RAS/NAS advertises a unique global prefix over the PPP interface with 
the Autonomous configuration flag set, I think it is pretty safe to assume 
that both ends of the PPP link could use the prefix to configure an address 
for their end of the PPP link, irrespective of the usefulness of such an 
address for say, the RAS end of the PPP link. Is this accurate? I would 
appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Siva

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:17:48 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> this problem (get by an easy way global address(es) of the RAS/NAS) is
IMHO a good usage of the R bit of prefix infos defined for mobile IPv6
(but useful in some other environments).

Regards

[email-masked]