Subject: Re: Router Lifetime question

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:20:27 +0200 (CEST)

> A question regarding RFC 2461. Unless I am missing something, there seems to
> be some inconsistency in Sections 6.2.1 and 4.2 of RFC 2461 regarding the
> value of the Router Lifetime. How is this resolved? See below. Thanks.

I don't see an inconsistency - can you explain what you think
is inconsistent?

    Erik

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Siva Veerepalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:13:00 -0700

>I don't see an inconsistency - can you explain what you think

Even though the Router Lifetime field allows a setting of upto 18.2 hrs, 
the AdvDefaultLifetime definition in the RFC does not allow setting of the 
Router Lifetime field to a value larger than 9000 seconds.

Siva