Subject: RE: Requirements for Limited-Scope Unicast Addressing in IPv6

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:50:25 -0700

> Fred Templin wrote:
> A limited-scope addressing scheme is needed to replace the
> now-deprecated site-local scheme from [RFC3513]

The site-local scheme is not deprecated until there is a published
document that states otherwise which will not happen until all the
outstanding appeals have been resolved. Therefore the site-local scheme
from RFC3513 which is in the standards track is still valid. Should you
push this text to be published I can assure you that it will be appealed
as well all the way to the IAB.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Fred Templin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:08:24 -0700

True, this is a -00 document, but you are distracting attention from the 
main
points of the document if you choose to focus on the site-local deprecation
question. The main points of the document  are found in sections 3
("Limited-Scope Addressing Requirements") and 4 ("Scenarios Requiring
Limited-Scope Addressing"), and I'd like to see some discussion relative to
that text.

Fred
[email-masked]

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-lsareqts-00.txt