Subject: UPDATE: Document Action: IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format to Informational

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:29:51 -0400

PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT WAS PREMATURE AND 
SHOULD BE IGNORED.
--------------------------

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IPv6 Global Unicast 
Address Format' <draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt> as an 
Informational RFC. This document will replace RFC2374 and 
reclassify RFC 2374 (and the TLA/NLA structure described there) 
as historic.

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group. 
The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark.

Technical Summary 

RFC2374 "An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format" 
defined an IPv6 address allocation structure that includes TLA 
(Top Level Aggregator) and NLA (Next Level Aggregator). This 
document replaces RFC2374, and makes RFC 2374 and the TLA/NLA 
structure historic. 

Working Group Summary 

There was support for this in the WG; this document documents 
what the WG decided quite some time ago. 

Protocol Quality 

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------