Subject: ICMPv6 error messages

From: "Sivaramakrishnan A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:32:39 +0530

Hi,

ICMPv6 RFC states that, ICMPv6 error message MUST NOT be sent 
as result of receiving a packet sent as link-layer multicast or 
broadcast. But why should IPv6 be concerned about the Link-Layer
address?

regards,
-Sivaram
***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Malar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:15:34 +0530

In IPv6 also You have Address Resolution in the form of NDP messages which
will be received by all nodes.
This NDP msg will have Multicast link layer address in its ethernet header.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sivaramakrishnan A" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 4:32 PM
Subject: ICMPv6 error messages

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:21:00 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> simply to avoid some trivial DoS attacks...

Regards

[email-masked]