Subject: RE: Document Action: IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format to Informational

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:30:49 -0700

Thomas,

> The global routing prefix is designed to be hierarchically
> structured by the RIRs and ISPs, and the subnet field is
> designed to be hierarchically structured by site administrators.
> Is this OK with everyone?

I'm OK with it, but I'll make a quick comment:

<this is the devil's advocate speaking>
One (it not the) reason why the routing prefix appears as one field in
the diagram is because we removed the TLA and NLA boundaries in it. A
twisted mind could read the additional text quoted above as an attempt
to return to a more rigidly structured routing prefix.
</devil's advocate speaking>

That being said, ship it.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------