Subject: small delay between unsolicited NA

From: "Chandra Bhushan Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 12:29:09 -0000

Hi

Following para is from rfc 2461,

    "A node that has multiple IP addresses assigned to an 
interface MAY
    multicast a separate Neighbor Advertisement for each address.  
In
    such a case the node SHOULD introduce a small delay between 
the
    sending of each advertisement to reduce the probability of 
the
    advertisements being lost due to congestion."

Could anyone of you please tell me what should be the exact value 
of this "small delay"?

Regards
Chandra

___________________________________________________
Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now: 
http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------