Subject: RE: Taking two steps back (Was: Re: one question...)

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:30:13 -0700

> Keith Moore wrote:
> Even then, there will still be cases where the right thing to do
> is to talk directly to a locator.  And there will also be lots
> of apps for which a locator is "good enough" that probably
> shoudn't be made dependent on the mapping service.

Agree.

> So I lean towards a view where you can use identifiers or
> locators interchangeably

Also agree.

> Which further implies that identifiers and locators look a lot
> like IP addresses.

Yeah. Or actually _are_ IPv6 addresses.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------