Subject: Strange problem with BGP

From: Marcin Markowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:54:37 +0200

Hi,

Few days ago our server was DDoSed and from this while some peers
can't connect. They are in idle state. I tried to clear bgp sessions,
restart bgpd, down tunnels and up it again, but this is for nothing.
I'm using zebra-pj on linux with kernel 2.4.21-grsec. In logs i have:

2003/07/12 22:35:28 BGP: [Event] BGP connection from host 3ffe:400c:feed::6
2003/07/12 22:35:28 BGP: 3ffe:400c:feed::6 [Event] Transfer temporary BGP peer to existing one
2003/07/12 22:35:28 BGP: 3ffe:400c:feed::6 [Event] Accepting BGP peer delete
2003/07/12 22:37:56 BGP: 3ffe:400c:feed::6 [Event] Connect start to 3ffe:400c:feed::6 fd 23
2003/07/12 22:37:56 BGP: 3ffe:400c:feed::6 [Error] bgp_read_packet error: Connection reset by peer

This problem is only with few peers, other works fine. In logs from my peer
they have that same error "Connection reset by peer". Sometimes when
they restart bgpd session will up. Anyone know something about that?

Regards,

-- 
Marcin Markowski
mail: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:03:23 +0300 (EEST)

Please bring this up on zebra-pj and/or Linux mailing lists, this is the 
wrong medium for these kind of reports.

Thanks

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings