Subject: DiffServ field in IPv6

From: "Nenad Laskovic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:57:03 -0700

Hi,

I have founded in several rfc's (2474, 2780, 2553) that DiffServ codepoint
field will be use instead of traffic class field of IPv6 and ToS field of
IPv4. Is this change still accurate?

thanks,

Nenad

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:46:00 -0700

>IPv4. Is this change still accurate?

yes.

---

From: "Nenad Laskovic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:54:42 -0700

Does anyone know is use of DiffServ field supported in some equipment and
networks?

---

From: "Nenad Laskovic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:14:05 -0700

Thank you Fred.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:19:22 -0700

>Does anyone know is use of DiffServ field supported in some equipment and

It is supported in some equipment. I wouldn't be able to tell you how 
networks configure their equipment; they generally view this as NDA 
information.