Subject: IPv6 Tunnel concepts

From: "Sivaramakrishnan A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:31:33 +0530

Hi,

There are so many concepts in IPv6 tunnels such as:

v6 over v4
6 to 4
v4 compatible v6 address
v4 mapped v6 address

I would like to know the clear distinction among these concepts.
Can anyone help?

regards,
Siva
***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Eva Castro Barbero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:50:27 +0200 (CEST)

> There are so many concepts in IPv6 tunnels such as:

See RFC 2893

> v4 mapped v6 address

See RFC 2373. And IPv4-translatable IPv6 address at RFC 2765.

eva