Subject: IPv6 in Unix and Windows server 2003

From: "Albert Zulu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:57:50 +0200

Hi All,
I am trying to implement Ipv6 in windows server 2003 and Unix. Does any one
has an idea on what I should start with. What are the major differences
between IPv4 and IPv6?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Albert Zulu, MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, 
Customer Support Specialist, e-mail: [email-masked] 
Tel: +260-1-225358/59, COMESA Centre, Lusaka
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Faster connection, Cool Price, Internet Access  for K106,850 monthly @
ZAMNET. www.zamnet.zm

---

From: "Chris Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:33:25 -0700

Albert, there is a lot of information available on Windows 2003 and IPv6
in general at www.microsoft.com/ipv6.  In addition, you may find the
newsgroups at microsoft.public.platformsdk.networking.ipv6 or feel free
to email [email-masked] with any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Chris Mitchell
Microsoft, Windows Networking and Communications

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Albert Zulu
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 11:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IPv6 in Unix and Windows server 2003

 Hi All,

I am trying to implement Ipv6 in windows server 2003 and Unix. Does any
one has an idea on what I should start with. What are the major
differences between IPv4 and IPv6?

Faster connection, Cool Price, Internet Access  for K106,850 monthly @
ZAMNET. www.zamnet.zm <http://www.zamnet.zm/>  

 

____________________________________________________
  <http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>   IncrediMail
- Email has finally evolved - Click Here
<http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>

---

From: "Suresh Krishnan (QB/LMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:07:01 -0400

Hi Albert,
	Don't know what Unix you are using. If you are using Linux there is a great HOW-TO at this URL

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/

As far as the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 I had this old draft called "Case for IPv6" that has been removed from the IETF drafts directory, which gives you a good overview. It is attached to this mail.

Regards
Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Zulu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IPv6 in Unix and Windows server 2003

 Hi All,
I am trying to implement Ipv6 in windows server 2003 and Unix. Does any one has an idea on what I should start with. What are the major differences between IPv4 and IPv6?

Faster connection, Cool Price, Internet Access  for K106,850 monthly @ ZAMNET. www.zamnet.zm 

____________________________________________________
  IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here