Subject: Multihoming on IPv6 ?

From: Ahmad Alkazimy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:32:17 +0700

Hi all,
I'm a new commers in here, so sorry if my question are bothering all of you.
I would like to know about the minimum prefix of IPv6 that can be announced 
by Customer-Site when they are Multihomed with another ISP's ?
Is there any RFC's regarding on this one ?
Who should announced the second prefix that they received from another 
ISP's: the customer-site add the prefix on their routing policy or the 
ISP's have to add the second prefix on their routing policy.

Regards,
Ahmad Alkazimy

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:32:38 -0700

> I would like to know about the minimum prefix of IPv6 that
> can be announced by Customer-Site when they are Multihomed
> with another ISP's ?

There is currently no multihoming for IPv6. Customer-site prefixes are
not to be seen in the global IPv6 routing table.

> Is there any RFC's regarding on this one ?

RFC2772; although it was written for the 6bone it is also used by many
people on the production IPv6 network especially NRENs that have the
closest thing to a native IPv6 backbone today.

Michel.