Subject: Re: Moving the ipng mailing list

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:02:18 +0100

Rename it to be ipv6; a very strong preference.

It is hard to take .....ng seriously in 2003; perhaps it always was
hard to take .....ng seriously.

Tom Petch

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hinden & Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Margaret Wasserman
<[email-masked]>; Alain Durand <[email-masked]>; John Beck
<[email-masked]>
Date: 21 August 2003 01:38
Subject: Moving the ipng mailing list
<snip>
>One small point.  The list is currently named "ipng".  We could keep
the
>name the same or change it to "ipv6" to be consistent with the
current name
>of the working group.  Please let the chairs know if you have a
strong
>preference one way or the other.
>
>More news later as the details get worked out.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob Hinden and Margaret Wasserman
>IPv6 w.g. chairs
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
>IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
>FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
>Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
>--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:04:27 -0700

Good point. I'll forward a copy of those to the chairs.

	- Alain.

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 02:54  PM, David Malone wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 05:24:00PM -0700, Bob Hinden & Margaret 
> Wasserman wrote:
>> After many years of service Sun Microsystems has indicated that they 
>> can no
>> longer administer the ipng mailing list of the IPv6 working
>> group.  Consequentially, we will be moving the list in next two or 
>> three
>> weeks.  Sun will continue to manage the list through the transition.
>
> Will our aliases that are pemitted to post to the list be migrated too?
>
> 	David.