Subject: RE: reqs for local addressing OR requirements for SL replacement?[Re: Accept hain/templin draft as wg item?]

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:42:00 -0700

> Brian E Carpenter
> [large snip]

Completely agree with your latest post, save for this:

> So it's simply inevitable that enterprises will use
> private (i.e. non-PA, non-routeable) space. Our
> challenge is to make it as good as we can.

Not good enough. Our challenge is to make it to reach the same
sex-appeal, level of comfort or whatever you want to call it than what
the enterprise network administrator can do with a combination of vendor
proprietary support and some homebrewing.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------