Subject: IPv6 LinkLocal Address and PrefixLen

From: "Kamaraj P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:04:41 +0530

Hi,
    Since Link local address is used only for directly networks, the end
system should be able to interact without using the prefix len.
from my understanding, we don't need prefix len for Link Local Address.
pl clarify...

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Kamaraj

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------