Subject: RE: Let's abolish scope

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:26:18 +0100

Below...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 07 August 2003 21:48
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Let's abolish scope
> 
> 
> > Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:58:22 +0200
> > From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
> > Organization: IBM
> > X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
> > X-Accept-Language: en,fr,de
> > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Let's abolish scope [Re: Unicast scope field (was: 
> Moving forward on 
> >  Site-Local and Local Addressing)]
> > 
> > Well, here's my attempt at becoming flame bait :-)
> 
> Actually, this is the clearest summry of the current situation I've
> seen yet.

... Which makes it doubly annoying that I didn't receive the original
mail from Brian. And this is only one of many examples I could give of
replies to mail on this list for which I have never received the
original mail. I suspect this may be a consequence of the volume of mail
to the list in recent days. That doesn't make it excusable though. Given
Sun's recent admission that they aren't competent to run an IPv6-enabled
webserver, should they be managing the mailserver for this list?

Mat
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:43:36 -0700

>webserver, should they be managing the mailserver for this list?
The reason you're not receiving some mail is because the mail relays
of your company do not accept mails when then number of "Received from
 header is greater than 17. This value used to be reasonable in the good
old days but is not anymore.

Get your system admin to change it and things will get better for you.

Note: our mailling list admin contacted them about this issue long ago,
apparently they haven't done anything to change things yet.

    - Alain.