Subject: RE: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:03:16 -0700

Bob Hinden wrote:
> I would like to hear from the working group on how we should proceed.
I
> think the choices are:

I vote for B, but C would also be acceptable.  My reasoning is that they
are deployed and will continue to be used until a replacement is
available.  Choosing A means that might not happen, resulting in the
continued use of site-locals.

I disagree with Ralph that the previous consensus automatically answered
this question.  I believe some people voted to deprecate with the
assumption that a replacement would be made (certainly this concern was
voiced at the mike by multiple people).  On the list vote, some people
(me for one) also abstained because the question was not phrased with
that assumption in it.  Hence it's extra important to get this question
answered now to resolve the ambiguity in the previous question.

-Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:13:33 -0700

Hello Bob,

I am one of the people Dave refers to:

Dave Thaler wrote:

>            I believe some people voted to deprecate with the
> voiced at the mike by multiple people).

Furthermore, I almost abstained for the same reason Dave mentions later.

I vote for (B).

Regards,
Charlie P.