Subject: RE: Some IPv6LL operational experience

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:56:15 -0700

> If an address does not meet the needs of the application, use the
> provided flag to ignore it. Trying to prevent others from using a
> technology that solves their problem is simply being obstructionist. 

A tactic often used to stall a technology by people or organizations
that can't deliver when there is ample evidence on the market place that
other people or organizations can indeed deliver it.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:53:26 -0400

> other people or organizations can indeed deliver it.

First of all, if a vendor is trying to hawk equipment that encourages
inappropriate use of link-local, then there's no way in Hell that IETF
should be endorsing such equipment, and this makes it all the more important
that this technique be denounced in the strongest possible terms.

(and I have no knowledge of such equipment, but it would explain an awful lot
of the brain damaged statements that have been made here.)

And if you are claiming that I have ANYTHING at all to do with promoting ANY
vendor's products, then you are WAY out of line, and I demand an apology.