Subject: Re: Moving forward on Site-Local and Local Addressing

From: Dan Lanciani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

(Following up to my own message...)

|I vote for C.  Given the disagreement on the "legitimate" uses of site local
|addresses (and scoped addressing in general) it will be difficult to be sure
|that a replacement actually solves all the problems that everyone concerned
|expected site-locals to solve, and does so in a way that is not prohibitively
|difficult/expensive to deploy.

It occurs to me that if we are going to start actually counting again
(picking the option with the most votes) the options offered will tend
to skew the result towards A by splitting the site-local support between
B & C.  Therefore I wish to cast my vote against A more than for C...

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:21:15 -0700

Dan,

>B & C.  Therefore I wish to cast my vote against A more than for C...

I am planning to publish the raw results so everyone can see all of the 
data before drawing any conclusions.

Bob