Subject: Re: state-of-art SLs

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:31:49 -0400

> humm - it is not all that often that we have said that 2/3 is rough 
> consensus in the IETF

note that the plurality was 3/4 not 2/3. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:15:14 -0400

None of this is helping.  I respectfully disagree with this point of view. 
Further, in the universe I happen to be in, even 3/4 is at best "rough" 
consensus --- lets stop screaming and figure out a compromise.

A quieter message with such a suggestion is forthcoming.

> note that the plurality was 3/4 not 2/3.

and

> SLs are a virus that must be eradicated at any cost.

Hans Kruse, Associate Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Communication Systems Management
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:53:31 -0400

> None of this is helping.  I respectfully disagree with this point of
> view. Further, in the universe I happen to be in, even 3/4 is at best
> "rough" consensus --- lets stop screaming and figure out a compromise.

IMHO, 3/4 is a strong consensus given the number of people participating
in that opinion.

Nobody is screaming.  However some people are behaving unreasonably.

Keith