Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:14:21 -0700

This is the combined Tony Hain and Fred Templin requirements 
document.  Many thinks to Tony and Fred for getting this out quickly.

Bob

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt
>Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:14:30 -0400
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : Limited Range Addressing Requirements
>         Author(s)       : T. Hain, F. Templin
>         Filename        : draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt
>         Pages           : 18
>         Date            : 2003-8-4
>
>The IPv6 addressing architecture specifies global and local-use
>unicast addressing schemes, but provides no operational guidelines or
>requirements for their use. There is a strong requirement for
>addressing that is limited to a bounded domain of applicability, or
>range. This memo will discuss requirements for limited range
>addressing.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-00.txt>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Fred Templin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:59:00 -0700

FYI,

A -01 version of this draft is now available (see below). Please note
the title change, and other items listed in the "change log" section.
We are bulding a collection of items pending for a -02 update, so
please send comments.

Fred
[email-masked]

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:27:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Addressing Requirements for Local Communications 
                          within Sites
	Author(s)	: T. Hain, F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-8-14
	
The IPv6 addressing architecture specifies global and local-use
unicast addressing schemes, but provides no operational guidelines or
requirements for their use. There is a strong requirement for
addressing to support local communications within sites. Of special
interest are 'active sites', e.g., sites that are
intermittently-connected or disconnected from the global Internet,
sites that frequently change provider points of attachment, sites
that temporarily or permanently merge with other sites, multi-homed
sites, etc. This memo will discuss addressing requirements for local
communications within sites.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-01.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-limitedrange-01.txt".