Subject: new draft (ietf-yan-ipv6-ra-dns-00.txt)

From: "CTO YAN Renxiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:52:25 +0800

Hi all,
 
I've written a new individual submissions:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yan-ipv6-ra-dns-00.txt
 
Abstract:
   This document specifies a method to update domain name for IPv6 node
   whose address is configured using IPv6 stateless address
   configuration.  It is implemented by defining a new option in 
   Router Advertisement (RA) / Router Solicitation (RS) messages.
 
Please take a look at it and provide comments. I'd like to request this to become
IPv6 WG work items. 
 
Thanks.
 
- Renxiang

 <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yan-ipv6-ra-dns-00.txt>  
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:56:36 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> Please take a look at it and provide comments. I'd like to request this to become

This should probably be brought up in DNSOP mailing list as well.
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html

You may also want to take a look at sections 6 and 7 of 
draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-10.txt and reflect how that fits 
there.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings