Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-01.txt]

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:43:56 +1100

Hi,

An update of the tentative source link-layer address options
draft is available.

The DNA design team is considering this as one of the
possible components of a DNA solution, but its applicability
is slightly wider.

Perhaps it can contribute to some of the issues discussion
on RFC2461bis.

Greg

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:19:59 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-01.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Tentative Source Link-Layer Address Options for IPv6
			  Neighbour Discovery
	Author(s)	: G. Daley, et al.
	Filename	: draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
The proposed IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) Optimization
    'Optimistic DAD' defines a set of recoverable procedures which allow
    a node to make use of an address before DAD completes.  Essentially,
    Optimistic DAD forbids usage of certain Neighbour Discovery options
    which could pollute active neighbour cache entries, while an address
    is tentative.

    This document defines a new option and procedures to replace cache
    polluting options, in a way which is useful to tentative nodes.
    These procedures are designed to be to backward compatible with
    existing devices which support IPv6 Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-01.txt

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------