Subject: Re: IPv6 Address Architecture update question

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:42:05 -0800

I am just re-joining the list after a several-month hiatus due
to personal circumstances.

Just glancing at the archives over the past few weeks, on the
subject of IPv6 addresses with embedded IPv4 addresses, the
discussion that has taken place so far is incomplete in that
it fails to mention ISATAP addresses. (Same comment also
for the subject thread on: " AYIYA link local address".)

Fred L. Templin
[email-masked] 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:46:21 -0800

Fred,

>for the subject thread on: " AYIYA link local address".)

It was a discussion regarding keeping the embedded addresses in the IPv6 
addressing architecture document.  Since we are planning to move the 
address architecture specification to Draft standard, it wouldn't be 
appropriate to add new types of addresses.

Bob

---

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:10:18 -0800

Bob,

> appropriate to add new types of addresses.

That is not what I am asking or advocating; my message was
a simple statement of fact regarding the discussion.

Fred
[email-masked]