Subject: Consensus declared: M&O bits text for 2461bis

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:08:45 -0400

IPv6 WG,
      Based on the mailing list discussion, I am declaring consensus on 
the
text to be included in 2461bis for the M&O bits.  The following text 
should
be used for defining these bits:

    M :
         1-bit "Managed address configuration" flag.  When set, it
         indicates that addresses are available via Dynamic Host
         Configuration Protocol [DHCPv6].

         If the M flag is set, the O flag is redundant and can be
         ignored because DHCPv6 will return all available configuration
         information.

     O :
         1-bit "Other configuration" flag.  When set, it indicates that
         other configuration information is available via DHCPv6.
         Examples of such information are DNS-related information or
         information on other servers within the network.

     Note: If neither M nor O flags are set this indicates that no
     information is available via DHCP.

Regards,
Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------