Subject: is that inconsistent in RFC4291?

From: Lawrence Zou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:53:56 +0800

2.4.  Address Type Identification
define  the link-local prefix as fe80::/10,Is that mean addresses such
as fe80:1::1 is a linklocal address?

but 

2.5.6.  Link-Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses

   Link-Local addresses are for use on a single link.  Link-Local
   addresses have the following format:

   |   10     |
   |  bits    |         54 bits         |          64 bits           |
   +----------+-------------------------+----------------------------+
   |1111111010|           0             |       interface ID         |
   +----------+-------------------------+----------------------------+

it is seemed that fe80:1::1 cannot be treated as linklocal address for
the reason that the second 16 bits is not zero.

so why do not define the link-local prefix as fe80::/64?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:02:09 -0400

Here is a link to the mailing list archive where this discussion has 
occurred before:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg05628.html

Regards,
Brian