Subject: RFC 4389 on Neighbor Discovery Proxies (ND Proxy)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:26:44 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4389

        Title:      Neighbor Discovery Proxies (ND Proxy) 
        Author:     D. Thaler, M. Talwar,
                    C. Patel
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 38124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-ndproxy-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4389.txt

Bridging multiple links into a single entity has several
operational advantages.  A single subnet prefix is sufficient to
support multiple physical links.  There is no need to allocate
subnet numbers to the different networks, simplifying management.
Bridging some types of media requires network-layer support,
however.  This document describes these cases and specifies the
IP-layer support that enables bridging under these circumstances.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussio and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------