Subject: One potential use of draft-haberman-ipv6-ra-flags-option-00.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:24:49 +0100

Hi IPv6 WG,

I'm looking at using prefixes in the Router Advertisement, a bit like 
rfc4191 (differently than the classic PIO (Prefix Information Option)).

The context is to make two Mobile Routers (NEMOv6-RFC3963, Moving 
Networks) talk to each other when their Home Agents aren't available. 
To that end, there was recent discussion on the MANEMO list 
[email-masked].

This prefix-in-special-RA mechanism is in the NANO draft 
draft-petrescu-manemo-nano-00.txt http://tinyurl.com/35h78x
It uses NDP expansion flags of draft-haberman.

And I'm looking for feedback whether I'm using this expansion flags 
correctly.

Or any other issue with having a prefix in an RA that is used by the 
receiving _router_ (not 'host' as in rfc4191) to establish a route to a 
neighbouring router's link-local address.

Or any another better way to achieve same effect: make two Mobile 
Routers talk to each other via their egress interface.

Thanks,

Alex

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------