Subject: Invitation to SAVA BoF

From: Mark Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:57:51 +0800

Greetings. There will be a BoF here in Prague that might be of interest to
you. SAVA (Source Address Validation Architecture) will be meeting Monday
  afternoon at 1pm to discuss our charter and, if that goes well, 
requirements
for the framework for solutions for SAVA.

The aim of the SAVA in a nutshell is to develop a framework for 
effective measures against source address spoofing in the IPv6 Internet 
that can have some effect even if only a portion of the IPv6 Internet 
applies them. Once the framework is developed, effective solution work 
can be completed. (But see below for details of proof of concept 
solution work as well.)

Agenda is at:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/agenda/sava.txt
Draft Charter is at:
http://www.arkko.com/publications/ietf-68/sava/charter.txt

Drafts are at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sava-problem-statement-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-framework-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-testbed-experience-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-solution-e2e-ipv6-00.txt

General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/mailman/listinfo/sava
Mailing List Archive: http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/pipermail/sava/
Document Repository: http://narl.tsinghua.edu.cn/sava

--Mark Williams

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ruri Hiromi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:12:39 +0900

Hello,

I tried to subscribe SAVA mailing list but in vain, because of  
reachability to mail server at tsinghua.edu.cn.(I got "destination  
administratively prohibited")

IPv4 could get there but IPv6 could not. Does this verifies that sava  
works fine?

traceroute6 to www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn (2001:da8:200:101::150) from  
2001        :df8::16:20d:93ff:fe89:8caf, 30 hops max, 12 byte packets
      35 1  2001:df8::16:20b:bfff:fea9:6c70  28.579 ms  20.643 ms   
6.544 ms     36 2  2001:718:0:100::1  2.371 ms  33.991 ms  3.305 ms
      37 3  cesnet.cz1.cz.geant.net  5.977 ms  2.205 ms  22.827 ms
      38 4  so-6-3-0.rt1.fra.de.geant2.net  19.748 ms  53.819 ms   
25.398 ms
      39 5  so-1-3-0.rt1.lux.lu.geant2.net  70.582 ms  37.166 ms   
28.941 ms
      40 6  2001:254:1:a::1  206.915 ms  188.347 ms  195.293 ms
      41 7  2001:254:1:c::2  178.331 ms  166.386 ms  164.256 ms
      42 8  * * *
      43 9  * * *
      44 10  * * *
      45 11  * 2001:da8:200:f001::2  242.25 ms  166.618 ms     46 12   
2001:da8:200:f002::2  166.326 ms  165.226 ms  163.273 ms
      47 13  * 2001:da8:200:f002::2  3165.27 ms !A *
      48 14  * * *
      49 15  * 2001:da8:200:f002::2  3161.85 ms !A  3160.93 ms !A

On 2007/03/18, at 18:57, Mark Williams wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Int-area mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

-------------------------------
Ruri Hiromi
[email-masked]

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:25:41 +0000

I also tried to subscribe via the web page, but have received no
acknowledgement yet.

We do have IPv6 MX's; perhaps the list owner can check the status.

Tim

-- 
Tim

---

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:08:57 +0100 (CET)

> > IPv4 could get there but IPv6 could not. Does this verifies that sava  

really?  It works fine to me; I could try subscribing via web (from the
IETF network) and I confirmed via e-mail (client in Japan).

--yoshfuji

---

From: Ruri Hiromi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:09:11 +0900

yeah, I know v4 works fine with the host, and if my browser is  
falling back from v6 to v4 I can reach there.

# telnet www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn 80
Trying 2001:da8:200:101::150...
telnet: connect to address 2001:da8:200:101::150: Host is down
Trying 166.111.8.150...
Connected to www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn.
Escape character is '^]'.

On 2007/03/20, at 20:08, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]> (at Tue,  
> 20 Mar 2007 10:25:41 +0000), Tim Chown <[email-masked]> says:
>

---

From: Ruri Hiromi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:25:44 +0900

My original question is what I experienced is caused by SAVA  
implementation at CERNET2?
To verify actual work of SAVA, simply see the connection failure from  
SAVA-ed network?

On 2007/03/20, at 21:09, Ruri Hiromi wrote:

> SAVA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/mailman/listinfo/sava