Subject: [Ipoverib] FW: Sunday training classes at IETF58

From: "bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:19:32 -0700

Sunday Training classes - open to all

Well there is a good chance that IPoIB will be meeting on Monday - if so
and you want to show up a day early, the IETF is holding some wonderful
classes.  New to this (as far as I know) is the Editor class being
taught Sunday Afternoon (I am not correcting the actal e-mails - but the
Classes ARE Sunday Nov 9).  I have not attended the IETF Newcomers
Training - but I wish I had when I started coming to IETF meetings.  I
have attended an earlier version of the WG chair training.  A good class
to take to learn what a WG chair can/can not do, what the roles and
responsibilities are.  

I will hopefully get in early enough (please don't fail me NWA) Sunday
to attend the later class on Security taught by Sun's own Radia Perlman
- I have seen her talk a few times and she is always informative and
entertaining.  Well worth the price of your IETF conference admission
for this one thing.  

So if you are coming in on Sunday - plan on attending one or more of
these classes depending on what time you are getting in.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Avri
Doria
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Sunday training classes at IETF58

In addition to the Newcomer's training and the security tutorial, the 
IETF sunday training schedule for Minneapolis will include two new 
sessions.

The first covers the editor's role in working with the WG and in 
producing RFCs.  This is a completely new course.  The session is open 
to both current editors and folks who think they may be interested in 
taking on an editorship, or co-editorship, at some point in the future.

The second is the WG chairs training course.  This is an extension of 
the course that has been given during  lunch sessions for WG chairs.  
This session is open to both current WG chairs and to anyone who thinks 
they may be interested in  chairing a WG.

The schedule for the courses is listed below.  There is no need to 
pre-register, just show up.

Thanks
a.

Sunday, November 10, 2003
=========================

1330-1430  Newcomers Training -- Salon B  (Scott Bradner)

     An introduction to the IETF for anyone who wants to know
     more about the IETF, specifically recommended for all new
     or recent IETF attendees. The session covers the IETF
     history, structure, and standards process. It also
     provides tips for success in the IETF environment.

1330-1500  Editor's Training -- Conrad C  (Avri Doria)

     Training for current or aspiring IETF document
     editors.  Covers the roles and responsibilities
     of a document editor, and includes advice on
     producing a high-quality IETF specification.

1330-1500  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Conrad B  (Margaret Wasserman)

     Introductory training for new or aspiring WG chairs.
     Covers the role and responsibilities of the WG chair,
     and includes advice on how to run a WG that is fair,
     open and productive.

1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Salon B  (Radia Perlman)

     All IETF attendees need to be aware of the security
     implications of our design choices.  This session
     offers a basic primer in protocol security, as well
     as advice on how to write the Security Considerations
     sections required for all IETF documents.

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib