Subject: [Ipoverib] Summary of Current IPOVERIB MIBs

From: "Harnedy, Sean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:35:16 -0500

FYI,
In preparation for the upcoming IETF meeting I created a summary of the
current activity relating to IPOVERIB MIBs.

IP Over InfiniBand (IPOIB) Management Information Bases (MIB)

The IPOIB working group charter states that the group will specify the
set of MIB objects required to allow the management of the InfiniBand
protocol. These MIBs will include a standards track channel adapter MIB
that will allow management of an InfiniBand channel adapter. There will
also need to be InfiniBand types approved and added to the ifType
defined by IANA for an IB Interfaces MIB. Also, the WG will specify a
standards track baseboard management MIB that will allow management of
specified device properties. Another WG MIB will specify sample counter
MIBs to allow InfiniBand sample counters to be exposed to external SNMP
management applications.

The full description of the IPOIB Working Group can be found on the Web
at: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipoib-charter.html

There are currently eight SNMP Management Information Bases defined that
deal with InfiniBand-related resources specified as Internet Drafts.
Each memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.

1. IPOIB Textual Conventions MIB
Definition of Textual Conventions and OBJECT-IDENTITIES for IP Over
InfiniBand (IPOVERIB) Management: (draft-ietf-ipoib-ibmib-tc-mib-00.txt)
This memo describes Textual Conventions and OBJECT-IDENTITIES used for
managing IPOVERIB networks.

2. IPOIB InfiniBand Interfaces MIB
Definitions of Managed Objects InfiniBand Interface Type:
(draft-ietf-ipoib-ibif-mib-00.txt)
This memo defines objects for managing IBA-defined InfiniBand
interfaces.

3. IPOIB Subnet Management Agent MIB
InfiniBand Subnet Management Agent Management Information Base:
(draft-ietf-ipoib-subnet-mgmt-agent-mib-00.txt) 
This memo defines objects for managing InfiniBand Subnet Management
Agents.

4. IPOIB Connection MIB
InfiniBand Connection MIB: (draft-strahm-ibconn-mib-00.txt)
This memo defines objects for managing the InfiniBand Connection
Manager.

5. IPOIB Switch MIB
Definitions of Managed Objects for the Switch in InfiniBand Standard:
(draft-forbes-ibswitchmib-00.txt)
This memo defines the objects for managing the operations of the Switch
portion of the InfiniBand Standards.

6. IPOIB Performance Management MIB
InfiniBand Performance Management MIB:
(draft-yang-ib-performance-management-mib-00.txt)
This memo defines objects for managing the InfiniBand Performance
Management.
    
7. IPOIB Subnet Management MIB
InfiniBand Subnet Management MIB:
(draft-yang-ib-subnet-management-mib-00.txt)
This memo defines objects for managing the InfiniBand Subnet Management.

8. IPOIB Device Management Agent MIB
InfiniBand Device Management Agent MIB:
(draft-swortwood-mib-ib-device-agent-00.txt)
This memo defines objects for managing an InfiniBand Device Management
Agent.

All comments, corrections, etc. welcome.
Thanks,

Sean Harnedy
Principal Software Engineer
InfiniSwitch Corporation.
134 Flanders Road
Westborough, MA 01581
1-508-599-6388
http://www.infiniswitch.com

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib