Subject: [Ipoverib] Scheduling for the Salt Lake City (SLC) IETF

From: "Bill Strahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:25:46 -0800

We currently have two slots
15:45-16:45 Tuesday and
15:30-17:30 Wednesday
Do not book airline tickets on this schedule however, I fully expect it to
change, with the caveat that we will have a Tuesday meeting (the only day
with 1 hour meetings)

This gives us three hours.  Topics I would like to discuss are
Questions about MIB design - There are MANY new MIBs that have been hitting
the reflector, I would like to discuss design issues on all of them and see
where they need to go.  If you are an author of a MIB, and would like some
time to discuss it, please e-mail the list and request a time slot (Chair
hat off, author hat on) I would like a slot to talk about the Connection MIB
(Chair hat back on).  I am hoping to hear from the following people
Brian Forbes - Switch MIB
Bill Strahm - Connection MIB
Bill Swortwood - SMA MIB
Carl Yang - SM MIB
Sean Harnedy - IBIF MIB
Have I missed any ???

For the IP encapsulation
I am hoping to hear from
Vivek Kashyup - Overall Architecture
Design Team - Issues List
Others ???

The goal for the IP encapsulation team will be to have ALL design issues
closed by the end of the meeting and be able to sit down after the meeting
and get a WG draft published that has rough consensus as expressed at the
meeting (Note: This is not WG consensus, that will occur on the mailing
list)

Please speak up (even if you are listed above) with requests for talks, I
would like you to summarize the issues that you want discussed and the
amount of time that you will need...
(Author Hat on, chair hat off)
For the connection MIB, I would like the following
Is this a WG item, and does it meet at least some of the requirements of a
Channel adapter MIB ?
There are several objects that are not Infiniband Objects - Can they be
managed through other means, should we ask the IBTA to add them, should they
be removed from the draft ?
10 Minutes
(Chair Hat On)
I would also like to talk briefly to determine what the overall layout of
object trees underneath the Infiniband allocation should look like.
Currently Sean is handling them in the TC MIB - Is this good for everyone ?
5 minutes (Sean, if you would talk about this in your time, that would be
great - I'll even throw in this 5 minutes for it <G>)

Hope to see you in SLC.

Bill

+========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
Bill Strahm     Software Development is a race between Programmers
Member of the   trying to build bigger and better idiot proof software
Technical Staff and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better
[email-masked] idiots.
(503) 601-0263  So far the Universe is winning --- Rich Cook

_______________________________________________
IPoverIB mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipoverib

---

From: "Bill Swortwood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:32:09 -0800

Mr. Strahm, I would like 30 -45 minutes.

- Bill Swortwod

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Bill Strahm
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 9:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipoverib] Scheduling for the Salt Lake City (SLC) IETF

For the IP encapsulation
I am hoping to hear from

Hope to see you in SLC.

Bill