Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> REMINDER to Cast your Vote for PWG Imaging System Counters V1.0

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:35:30 -0600

I want to take this opportunity to encourage EACH company representative 
to cast your vote regarding the PWG Imaging System Counters v1.0. 
specification. Lots of good work has gone into this spec the result of 
which is a set of common semantics that will serve the industry, 
hopefully, cross standards organizations and vendor implementations for 
many years to come in many forms of fleet and device management 
applications. The Counters v1.0 spec constitutes a complete and thorough, 
contemporary, vendor neutral specification for accounting related to the 
various uses of print and imaging systems. 

YOUR VOTE IS IMPORTANT! Even if you may not have an immediate interest and 
choose to abstain, as a member of the PWG, your company's vote counts 
toward quorum so it is important that you take a moment and register your 
vote. 

Jerry has established a VERY simple and efficient way to make you vote 
clear using the Subject line of your e-mail (see below). 

Thanks to all those who HAVE voted already and I hope to hear from 
everyone prior to September 23! 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
---------------------------------------------- 
----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 09/12/2005 11:24 PM -----

[email-masked] 
Sent by: [email-masked]
08/29/2005 11:27 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote announcement PWG Imaging System Counters V1.0

Greetings: 

The PWG Standard for Imaging System Counters 1.0  from the WIMS WG of the
Printer Working Group has completed its Last Call process. 

The Working Draft document is being submitted by the WIMS Working Group 
chair
for a Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership. 

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20050824.pdf 

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call are 
located at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/LastCallComments/CounterSpec_LC_Comment_Resolution_20050824.pdf 

The voting period will open on Wednesday August 31, 2005 and close at 10PM
(Pacific Time) on Friday September 23, 2005. 

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain. 

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes. 

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote. 

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format: 

"Counter Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>" 

Example:  Counter Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes 

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email. 

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @): 

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com 

Note:
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf 

has now been adopted and contains new voting requirements. 

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG 
member companies will be provided to the working group chair in case
"reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements listed
in the process document. 

Jerry Thrasher 

PWG Secretary