Subject: IPP> Proposed terms update - Workgroup, Enterprise, Production

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:00:02 -0600

At the Camus f2f, I was the main person who lobbied against use of the 
terms Workgroup, Enterprise and Production in association with IPPv2 
function sets. Therefore, I have updated the previous draft to reflect my 
proposal. I used my initials (HRL) in the draft file name to distinguish 
it as a proposal which has not been fully vetted (for ease of reverting if 
my thoughts are rejected).

While I think it is appropriate to guide the function set  discussions 
(and definitions) by perceived workgroup, enterprise and production 
scenarios I would like to avoid propagating the association in a 
specification because it may be (mis)interepred as a product requirements 
document (rather than an interop spec). 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-wd/wd-ippv2-spec20-20080815HRL.doc

Regards,
Harry

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: [email-masked]
infoprint.com

P Think before you print