Subject: [IPP] Interim Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (12 May 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:54:32 -0400

Hi,

[Based on IPP WG partial review on 10 May and Gail's notes from
March - accepted all changes up to beginning of section 5 - any
redlines in sections 1 to 4 now reflect *new* changes]

I've just posted another Interim draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100512.pdf / doc
 - clean copy with line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100512-rev.pdf / doc
 - redlines from February draft with line numbers

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira
--------------------------

Changes made to create 12 May 2010 version (Interim Draft)

Editorial – Kept status at Interim Draft

Editorial – Global – accepted all revisions up to beginning of
section 5, per IPP WG review

Editorial – Added “(IPP/2.0 SE)” to end of title on cover page,
page 2, and headers, per Mike Sweet

Editorial – Revised section 3.3 Design Requirements to change
“MUST” to “should”, per Tom Hastings

Editorial – Revised section 4 to mention the IPP/1.0 and IPP/1.1
specifications, per Bill Wagner

Editorial – Deleted former informative sections 4.1 IPP/1.0 and
4.2 IPP/1.1, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised new section 4.2 IPP/2.1 to add JPS2 as
RECOMMENDED, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised new section 4.2 IPP/2.1 to add Page Overrides
as RECOMMENDED, per editor’s suggestion

Editorial – Revised new section 4.3 IPP/2.2 to delete PWG 5100.3
(no requirements beyond IPP/2.1) and add PWG 5100.7 (new
requirements beyond IPP/2.1), per Gail Giansiracusa

Technical – Revised section 5.1 IPP/1.1 to add “(Informative)” to title,
per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised note 1 before Table 2 in section 5.2 IPP/2.0 to
change Validate-Job to RECOMMENDED and describe use case for
verification of end user access and authorization rights, per Mike Sweet

Technical – Revised note 1 in sections 5.3 IPP/2.1 and 5.4 IPP/2.2 to
restore Validate-Job to REQUIRED (as in IPP/2.0 First Edition spec) and
to backward reference note 1 in section 5.2 for further discussion, per Mike
Sweet

Editorial – Revised titles and table headers in sections 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4 to
delete “and Optional”, since these tables also contain RECOMMENDED
operations (specified in notes)

Technical – Revised section 6.3 IPP/2.1 to add “job-ids-supported”,
“proof-print”, and “which-jobs-supported” (all IPP JPS2) as RECOMMENDED,
per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 6.3 IPP/2.1 to add “overrides”, “overrides-actual”,
and “overrides-supported” (all PWG5100.6) as RECOMMENDED, per editor’s
suggestion

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp