Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG Command Set Formal Vote (7-31 May 2010)

From: "Paul Tykodi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 06:17:48 -0400

Greetings:

This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on the
PWG Command Set Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID, which is located at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20100427.pdf

The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/pmp1284cmdset-last-call-comment-resolution-
20100415.txt

The voting period will open today on Friday 7 May 2010 and will close at
10pm (US Pacific Time) on Monday 31 May 2010.

Valid votes are:  Yes, No, No (with Strong Objection), Abstain.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to
exercise their right to vote.

To vote, send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:

Command Set Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last name>-<Yes/No/Abstain>

Example:  Command Set Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes

Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain a
description of the changes required to turn the "No" vote into a "Yes" vote
- otherwise such a "No" vote will NOT be counted.

Please send your vote to all of the following email addresses (replacing
"dot" with '.' and "at" with '@'):

msweet"at"apple"dot"com (PWG Chair)
ptykodi"at"tykodi"dot"com (PWG Secretary) wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net
(WIMS/PMP WG Chair) blueroofmusic"at"gmail"dot"com (PWG Command Set Editor)

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on PWG-Announce.

Note:

(1) This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG
Process/3.0 and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and
Confidentiality agreement.  The 2010 PWG Membership Agreement calls out both
of these documents and the links are provided below.

(2) To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
the 2010 PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues.

The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is
located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf

The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located at:

  http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf

Regards,

Paul Tykodi (PWG Secretary)

------------------------------------
Tykodi Consulting Services LLC
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
[email-masked]
3 Lowell Ave.
Dover, NH 03820-2705
tel: (603) 343-1820
mobile: (603) 866-0712
------------------------------------

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:18:49 -0400

I would like to encourage PWG members to consider and cast their votes on
advancing this document to Candidate Standard. It basically is just the
standardization of how to present the "Command Set" element in the IEEE1284
Device ID set (which is used in many places beyond the IEEE1284 interface).
There is much benefit to be gained by this standardization in facilitating
communication between clients and printers, and relatively little effort
required to be compliant to the spec. Much "bang for the buck" so to speak.
But regardless of how you vote, please do cast your vote as Paul has
indicated below.

Many thanks,

Bill Wagner, Chair, Workgroup for Imaging Management Solutions/PWG 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Paul Tykodi
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 6:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG Command Set Formal Vote (7-31 May 2010)

Greetings:

Note:

Regards,