Subject: [IPP] Prototype Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (27 May 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:19:29 -0400

Hi,

[Based on IPP WG complete review on 10 May and 24 May
- for review during upcoming PWG face-to-face meeting]

I've just posted a Prototype draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100527.pdf / doc
 - clean copy with line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100527-rev.pdf / doc
 - redlines from 12 May draft

Prototype reports for IPP/2.2 new content already exist, so this spec
is ready for final review, working group last call, and PWG Last Call.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira
--------------------------

Changes made to create 27 May 2010 version (Prototype Draft)

Editorial – Changed status to Prototype Draft

Technical – Revised section 4.1 IPP/2.0 to make [RFC3998] for
Reprocess-Job and [PWG5100.11] for Resubmit-Job a MAY,
consistent with note 2 and Table 2 in section 5.2, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 4.1 to make TLS/1.1 [RFC4346] a
SHOULD, consistent with Table 9 in section 10 (same as First
Edition), per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 4.2 to make TLS/1.2 [RFC5246] a
SHOULD, consistent with Table 9 in section 10 (same as First
Edition), per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 4.3 to make TLS/1.2 [RFC5246] a
MUST, consistent with Table 9 in section 10, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 5.2 IPP/2.0 to make Reprocess-Job,
Cancel-Jobs, Cancel-My-Jobs, and Resubmit-Job OPTIONAL in
Table 2, consistent with note 2 and 3, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 5.3 IPP/2.1 to make Reprocess-Job,
Cancel-Jobs, Cancel-My-Jobs, and Resubmit-Job RECOMMENDED
in Table 3, consistent with note 2 and 3, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 5.4 IPP/2.2 to make Reprocess-Job,
Cancel-Jobs, Cancel-My-Jobs, and Resubmit-Job REQUIRED in
Table 4, consistent with note 2 and 3, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 6.2 IPP/2.0 Attributes to make
“printer-alert”, “printer-alert-description”, and “printer-device-id”
RECOMMENDED in Table 6, consistent with note 4 and 5, per
IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 6.3 IPP/2.1 Attributes to make “job-ids”,
“job-ids-supported”, “proof-print”, “which-jobs-supported”,
“printer-device-id”, “overrides”, “overrides-actual”, and
“overrides-supported” RECOMMENDED in Table 7, consistent with
note 3, 4, and 6, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 6.4 IPP/2.2 Attributes to make “job-ids”,
“job-ids-supported”, “proof-print”, “which-jobs-supported”,
“printer-device-id”, “overrides”, “overrides-actual”, and
“overrides-supported” REQUIRED in Table 8, consistent with new
note 1, 2, 3, and 4, per IPP review

Technical – Revised sections 7.1 and 7.2 (conformance) to reflect
specific TLS requirements, consistent with Table 9 in section 10,
per IPP WG review

Editorial – Revised section 7.5 to fix indentation of items (c) and (d),
per IPP WG review

Editorial – Revised section 12 to correct Gail Giansiracusa’s company,
per Gail Giansiracusa

Editorial – Revised section 12 to correct Mike Sweet’s physical address,
per Mike Sweet

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp