Subject: [IPP] Prototype Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (18 July 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:10:28 -0400

Hi,

[Based on IPP WG complete review on 21 June - for review at IPP
WG meeting on 19 July]

I've just posted a Prototype draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100718.pdf / doc
  - clean copy with line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100718-rev.pdf / doc
 - redlines from 27 May draft

Prototype reports for IPP/2.2 new content already exist so, except for
the one new ISSUE in section 6 (see change log below), this spec is
ready for final review, working group last call, and PWG Last Call.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

-----------------------

Changes made to create 18 July 2010 version (Prototype Draft)

Editorial – Kept status at Prototype Draft

Editorial – Added “(JPS2)” to end of all IPP JPS2 references and
document title, per IPP WG review

Technical – Added new Table 1 to section 4 to summarize all IPP
spec requirements, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 4.3 to add missing requirement for
TLS/1.2 [RFC5246], per section 10

Editorial – Revised Table 3 in section 5.2 IPP/2.0 to correct
Resubmit-Job (note 2), per IPP WG review

Editorial – Revised Table 5 in section 5.4 IPP/2.2 to restore missing
last row, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised section 6 to add ISSUE about "status-code" and
other non-attribute parameters for various IPP conformance levels,
per IPP WG review

Editorial – Revised section 6.3 to recover lost note 3 (buried at end
of note 2) and to renumber all following notes in section

Editorial – Revised tables in sections 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4 to clarify
operation attributes, per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised Table 7 in section 6.2 IPP/2.0 and Table 8 in section
6.3 to make “status-message” response attribute RECOMMENDED,
per IPP WG review

Technical – Revised Table 9 in section 6.4 IPP/2.2 to make “status-message”
response attribute REQUIRED, per IPP WG review

Editorial – Revised Table 7 in section 6.2 IPP/2.0 to add explicit OPTIONAL
media-ready (note 3), for clarity

Editorial – Revised Table 8 in section 6.3 IPP/2.2 to add explicit OPTIONAL
media-col-ready (note 3), for clarity

Editorial – Revised Table 9 in section 6.4 IPP/2.2 to add explicit OPTIONAL
media-col-ready (note 5), for clarity

Technical – Revised section 11.1 Normative References to add missing
references and update PWG Command Set [PWG5107.2], per lists in
section 4 and IPP WG review

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp