Subject: [IPP] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog-00.txt

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 18:56:24 -0500

FYI - relevant for IDS and IPP event logging.

Sean Turner is editor of over 50 RFCs, was IETF Security Area Director
for many years, and is currently the co-chair of TLS WG.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 11:26 AM
Subject: [Secdispatch] Fwd: I-D Action:
draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog-00.txt
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Hi! We recently submitted the following to update syslog [RFC 5425][RFC
6012] use of (D)TLS1.2 to use modern AEAD algorithms as well as to specify
(D)TLS 1.3 use. Note that the (D)TLS1.3 text still need to address 0-RTT.
Motivations are found in the I-D.

I copied both secdispath and opsawg, figuring the syslog WG was in the SEC
area when it was around but syslog’s use might be more ops now. Just trying
to help this I-D find a home.

spt

Begin forwarded message:

*From: [email-masked]
*Subject: **I-D Action: draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog-00.txt*
*Date: *December 10, 2021 at 17:57:44 EST
*To: *<[email-masked]>
*Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : Updates to the Cipher Suites in Secure Syslog
       Authors         : Chris Lonvick
                         Sean Turner
                         Joe Salowey
Filename        : draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog-00.txt
Pages           : 8
Date            : 2021-12-10

Abstract:
  This document updates the cipher suites in RFC 5425, Transport Layer
  Security (TLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog, and RFC 6012, Datagram
  Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog.  It
  also updates the transport protocol in RFC 6012.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ciphersuites-in-sec-syslog-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org:
:internet-drafts

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Secdispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdispatch
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp